Vehicle Development Support Technician - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 09 June 2017
- Our company is a global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defense, aerospace and rail sectors. We work in close collaboration with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers around the world, providing comprehensive support ranging from individual product tests to turnkey engineering design, development and build programmes.
- With over 70 years’ experience in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
- Vehicle Operations Group are seeking a keen and capable person to join the team to assist with various aspects of Development testing and validation.
You will be experienced with working in a busy productive workshop with exceptionally high H&S and quality standards, conducting general repairs and maintenance tasks and fully conversant with the majority of automotive systems.
Essential Experience for this role includes;
- Vehicle Repairs and maintenance
- Vehicle Diagnostics and fault finding
- Working to processes
Preferred Experience for this role includes;
- Safety inspections / MOT Testing
- Working knowledge of any data acquisition systems and sensors
- Vehicle development engineering
- Working with Hybrid Electric Vehicles
Essential skills for this role include;
- Use of basic hand tools
- Test driving
- Basic fabrication / bracket making
Preferred skills for this role include;
- Welding and fabrication
- Hybrid Electric Systems fault diagnostics
- Installation and setup of Strain Gauges, Accelerometers and Microphones
- Qualifications for this role include NVQ, BTec or City & Guilds in Automotive Maintenance / Repair or related subject.
- Full UK driving licence is required and a HGV licence would be beneficial