Training Manager, Global Medical Affairs - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The primary purpose of this position is to support Global Medical Affairs (GMA) through development and delivery of training solutions to meet identified training needs. The Training Manager consistently applies best practice instructional design, adult learning theory, facilitation and other relevant training methodologies to ensure value-added learning and development for GMA.
- The Training Manager must develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of departmental training needs, including a broad understanding of the scientific data, and roles and responsibilities within the department.
- Conduct training needs assessment within GMA; develop solutions for meeting training needs; execute training strategies
- Evaluate best practices for training, or other evolution in adult learning to ensure GMA staff are maximally equipped to achieve optimal job performance and productivity
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to assess and identify scientific training needs of GMA, including but not limited to the science of ophthalmology, technology systems, GMA policies and procedures, and business skill
- Collaborate with Medical Science Liaison team lead to ensure field team has access to the most up to date and relevant scientific information
- Solicit and manage incoming training requests
- Ensure GMA team stays compliant with company-assigned training and education
- Maintain GMA training binders to align with regulatory and compliance requirements
- Work with GMA team on individual professional development plans, suggesting approaches to meet identified professional development needs
- Work with regional counterparts as needed to coordinate and deliver appropriate, targeted training to specific groups
- Implement and maintain training evaluation strategies, practices and tools to measure and report on the effectiveness of GMA training solutions
- Develop, implement and maintain GMA training policies, procedures, protocols, systems and tools to ensure key performance indicators are met
- Communicate outcomes of training solutions in a timely and clear manner to various stakeholders in the organization
- Other duties as assigned by management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum 8+ years of previous pharmaceutical industry experience; previous experience supporting a Global Medical Affairs organization preferred
- Advanced training design and facilitation certifications a plus
- Demonstrated experience in instructional design, development, delivery and measurement for adult learning with past experience in e-learning course development
- Proven track record of applying learning principles/methodologies in a complex business environment.
- Includes experience using a training design/development process, i.e., ADDIE or equivalent
- Advanced project management and process improvement skills
- Proven ability to interact with employees at all organizational levels in a culturally diverse work environment; previous experience working in a global matrix organization strongly preferred
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and other applications.
- Strong computer graphic skills, including knowledge of latest computer graphics technologies is preferred
- Bi-lingual fluency a plus
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Available to travel domestically and internationally up to 30-50% of the time, at times on short notice.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.