Technical Support Specialist - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 19 May 2017
Job Description :
- Conduct primary telephone triage to customer telephone questions.
- Provide technical support diagnosing problems on scientific instruments, computer systems, and/or complex software.
- Schedule service visits when it is determined that a service call is needed to resolve the customers problem.
- Provide technical support to field engineers who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing complex electro/mechanical scientific equipment, computer systems, and/or complex software.
- Conduct technical training courses for service engineers, inside service and/or customers in the use of assigned product line/technology.
- Responsible for the creation, development, and maintenance of internal service training materials on assigned product or technology area.
- Provide 3rd level Technical Support and problem resolution to field service and inside service representatives as requested or required.
- Communicate repetitive problems to quality and manufacturing engineering regarding instrument design, reliability, maintenance, serviceability, and installation.
- Monitor and answer field service Alerts on a daily basis.
- Update alerts with information, requests for field status, close alerts that are complete or negligent.
- Escalate challenging problems to upper management.
- Determine the validity of instrument replacement requests by determining if the replacement cost effective.
- Minimize replacements by working closely with Service and Customer Support.
- Facilitate process improvement by working closely with vendors and other partners to troubleshoot and evaluate product problems.
- Coordinate field retrofit programs with worldwide Service organizations.
- Create and Maintain Technical Documentation for field service organization and regularly distribute service update communications.
- Create Service Data Bulletins (SDBs) describing field repairs to improve the efficiency of field service resources.
- Support New Product development and instrument introduction efforts by providing critical input by creating documentation deliverables, defining and forecasting service parts, developing installation protocols, train field service specialists, monitor initial installations and assure successful product launches.
- Issue and maintain product line part numbers. Develop IQ/OQ-based service products.
- Conduct design-for-service evaluation on research, initial design, and prototype design.
Job Requirements :
- Requires knowledge and skills normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Business Analytics, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 4-6 years’ experience in a support, service, or an analytical laboratory environment performing duties similar to product end users, or this position, is required.
- Experience with company Gas Chromatography products and data handling systems is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the Windows operation systems and chromatography data handling software.
- Experience implementing projects within a cross functional organization strongly desired.
- Six Sigma training and experience preferred.
- Travel Requirements: Minimal travel required.