Technical Services Representative - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 13 June 2017
Join the Market Leader. Work in an international and dynamic environment.
- Our company Systems is a leading global supplier of solutions for the bio-pharma, forensic and diagnostic industries.
- The company is a leader in the development, production and distribution of advanced automation and detection solution for the world’s leading life science laboratories.
- Is it your ambition to contribute to the quality of life of humankind by enabling our customers to make the world and our community a healthier and safer place?
Technical Services Representative Reference
- Reporting to the Product Support Manager, this position is responsible for responding to customer product inquiries verbally and in writing.
- Under minimal supervision, resolves customer concerns reported during installation or operation of company Systems’ products with a primary focus on the Chinese market. Responds to customer application or compatibility inquiries.
- Troubleshoots hardware or software problems and recommends corrective action. Provides technical support to company personnel.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all company Systems’ products. Provides exceptional customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to customers and company personnel for all company Systems’ products.
- This includes: -Telephone or written support. -May travel to customer sites to provide support for technical problems or integration assistance.
- Conduct technical investigations for technical problems by conducting the appropriate testing and/or coordinate among internal and external experts to reach a resolution. Document results of investigation by completing investigative summaries and/or failure analysis reports.
- May provide input on specifications or manuals for new or updated products.
- Prepare and conduct product training for customers and company personnel on existing and new products.
- Maintain web-based Knowledge Base for technical support issues and general product information.
- Achieve timelines for customer responsiveness targets. Recognize and analyze trends, and work directly with Quality Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers and R and D to improve the product lines. Escalate highly complex or high priority issues to members of the Quality, R&D and/or the Senior Management team.
- Report design, reliability problems or bugs to the R&D team. Complaint Investigation Team member.
- Ensure all verbal and written customer complaints are entered into complaint database.
Education and Skill Requirements:
- BS degree in bioengineering or scientific field, plus 5 years of experience in a technical support position, preferably supporting laboratory equipment.
- Knowledge of research laboratory procedures and applications, such as those used in biochemistry, genetics and proteomics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Mandarin.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs. Potential travel of 15%.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.