Systems Administrator I - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases.
- We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- Our company's Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market.
- These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain our company’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Skype for Business VOIP telephone support for conference room and desktop phones
- Conference Room technology installation, administration and support, including telephony and audio/video systems
- Conference Room Enhancement oversight as it relates to IT equipment design and installation
- 3rd tier escalation support for tickets that require high end problem management
- Special projects and initiatives, as dictated by the needs of the organization
- Working with Vendor and consultants to support or expand IT current environment.
- Coordinate with Facilities department to handle IT aspects of our company personnel migrations from between sites in the Northern Bay Area in California
- Work with Facilities department to coordinate and support IT aspects of personnel moves and relocation throughout the company’s Northern California campuses
- This employee ensures that company conference rooms are operating at peak efficiency, with a goal of providing the very best experience possible for our users as they utilization our conference room technologies every day.
- In addition this employee works very closely with our Facilities department to coordinate personnel migrations between our sites.
- This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Messaging and Collaboration.
- A qualified candidate will have skills in telephony system support and have comprehensive knowledge in laptop support, audio/video conferencing technologies. The candidate should also have working knowledge of modern computer componentry in a corporate environment (e.g. printers, multi-monitors, Ethernet cabling, etc.Strong customer service skills and the ability to explain technical matter clearly and accurately to non-technical personnel is a must.
- Candidates must have 2+ years in Desktop Support with more than 400 users and demonstrate experience with administration of conference room technology
- Being able to manage simple projects from inception to completion and keeping key stakeholders up to date.
- Troubleshooting conference room issues that can’t be resolved by our service desk or desktop team. Taking the initiative to pull in the appropriate resources together to drive the open issue to closure.
- Working knowledge of Polycom telephones and Video Conferencing Systems.
- Track large user migrations and coordinate with 3rd party furniture moving personnel and Facilities project managers
- A neatness and attention to detail when preparing conference room spaces
- Identifies and recommends appropriate changes to IT management based on own analysis and user feedback
- Conducts analysis and participates in implementation planning for new applications and systems, as needed
- Work with multiple vendors to obtain the best solution and achieve cost savings to the company.
- Manage on-site consultants performing support or upgrades.
- Assist with the oversight of the support functions of the IT Service Desk.
- Individual will be expected to understand the following systems and applications:
- Polycom CX and VVX desk phones
- Polycom CX and VVX conference phones
- Office 365
- Lync/Skype For Business
- Exchange/Exchange Online
- Microsoft Office Suite (2013)
- Windows 8.1 and 10
- SIP, PBX, PSTN
- Active Directory
- A “Go Getter” that will drive service issues to closure while collaborating within IT and the Business.
- Highly organized self-starter with an eye for detail who can maintain multiple ongoing projects simultaneously
- Entrepreneurial, flexible attitude with ability to work well in ambiguous, changing situations and reprioritize work accordingly
- Able to juggle multiple projects, assignment and tasks.
- Function independently with minimal direction to complete project, tasks and assignments.
- Resolve technical issues independently and keeping the appropriate resource updated.
- Perform data analysis and problem along with reporting out of recommendation and results to the management team
- Strong interpersonal and clear communication skills (verbal and written)
- Being able to work nights and weekends when needed.