Supply Planner III - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 07 June 2017
What you'll be doing:
What you'll be doing:
- You will work as part of the Global Supply Chain's Planning organization to align supply and demand, manage supply constraints and ensure product flow from global manufacturing and OEM partners into company's distribution network.
- You will manage and optimize inventory investment and cycle time to meet our customer's expectations for on-time product delivery.
- In order to accomplish these goals you will:
- Develop a detailed understanding of the supply strategy as well as the global demand and regulatory constraints for your assigned finished goods.
- Establish finished goods inventory targets to achieve service and financial objectives.
- Create, maintain and executes a feasible global supply plan to balance customer demand, supply constraints, optimize inventory and reduce excess and obsolete inventory.
- Participate in process improvement teams to address process or system gaps.
- Monitor weekly/monthly production plan attainments to ensure continuous product supply to prevent product interruption to the customer.
- Proactively communicate product availability updates to all levels of the Supply Chain and Customer Service teams including potential inventory or customer service risks.
- Lead the analysis and scenario planning to identify potential gaps and opportunities to improve supply plans, working capital, asset utilization, etc.
- Work closely with regional supply planners to ensure local supply plans are balanced for customer service and inventory targets.
- Work with Demand Planning and assigned business units to understand demand, set priorities, and supply strategies for assigned products.
- Partner with the Plant Scheduler & the Materials Planner to ensure customer service.
- Participate in monthly S&OP process.
What you need for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Management or other related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in supply planning & inventory management within an ERP/DRP environment.
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to think strategically, execute tactically and be detail oriented.
- Understanding of LEAN concepts preferred.
- Working knowledge of planning systems – SAP APO (preferred), i2, JDA/Manugistics.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office environment.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence others in a matrixed organization.
- Proven ability to plan and coordinate workflow and outputs efficiently across multiple functional groups and geographies to align group objectives, timeframes and deliverables,
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.