Supervisor, Operations (2nd shift) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is the leading manufacturer of innovative hearing care solutions worldwide.
- The group operates through its core business brands offers its customers one of the most comprehensive product portfolios in the industry – from hearing aids to cochlear implants to wireless communication solutions.
- Founded in 1947, the company is currently present in over 90 countries across the globe and has a workforce of over 9,000 dedicated employees.
- It is a public company, traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
- It manufactures and distributes digital hearing instruments and wireless accessories to hearing health professionals throughout the United States.
- The Supervisor, Operations will be directly responsible for people and processes of a designated operations process area.
- This candidate will develop and improve processes using lean manufacturing techniques.
- This leader will provide team building, goal setting, and change management.
- Responsible for the overall operations management of an assigned area
- Oversees and drives continuous process and cost improvement in designated area
- Responsible for hiring, developing, coaching and terminating a team of employees
- Assure that product and process quality is compliant to internal, industry and customer quality standards
- Interacts with numerous local & corporate departments
- Provides vision and leadership in identifying the next generation of manufacturing technology and processes
- Determines the resources and skills needed for the designated area to meet department objectives
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a manufacturing or engineering related field
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in electronics manufacturing
- Minimum 2 years in manufacturing management preferably in Medtech industry
General Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to manage a diverse team of employees with varying skills and proficiencies
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and strong attention to details
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams within U.S. and globally
- Strong computer experience, working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, Outlook, Power Point); SAP Experience (or other ERP system) a plus
- Have a working knowledge of lean manufacturing, demand flow technology, six sigma and 5S
Physical requirements of the job:
- Sitting for 4 hours at a time, walking, ability to lift up to 15 lbs. (full tray of orders)
- For the warehouse jobs: walking for 8 hours and ability to lift up to 20 lbs
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.