This job is currently Archived,
Sr. Manager, Market Access - Czechia
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 12 June 2017
- The Sr. Market Access Manager has the primary responsibility for planning and managing market access and pricing activities for in-line and launch products for the local market. This includes development of reimbursement/value dossier for the national authority and other stakeholders (i.e. health care insurances, hospitals), development /implementation of economic budget impact models and management of regular reference pricing reviews.
- She/he works closely with regulatory affairs, medical and marketing teams as well as the regional and global market access team to ensure that market access programs are in line with the overarching strategies.
- The Market Access Senior Manager is the overall responsible for patients’ access to BIIB’s current and future products in the local market.
- For this purpose, key relationships are fostered with decision makers and influencers (persons, organizations) in this process.
- These are Insurance Companies, Patient Advocacy Groups, Scientific Committee of the Neurologists’ Society, Board of Directors/Department Heads of Hospitals, and Government Employees such as but not limited to Politicians, Reimbursement Authorities and Regulatory Authorities.
- Critically assesses drivers and barriers to pricing, reimbursement and market access
- Develops comprehensive strategy and activity plans for Market Access for the affiliate securing fast access to therapies to patients
- Develops core deliverables in cooperation with global / international staff (e.g. reimbursement dossiers, health economic evaluations/value dossiers, budget impact models) to generate local specific data
- Plans and ensures implementation of value dossiers adapted for the local market (i.e. health insurances, hospitals)
- Effectively manages pricing strategy for Hospitals and other key stakeholders
- Ensures continuous internal education on health politics and health economics, pricing and value of drug therapy
- Design and execute Market Access programs to increase Market Access capabilities locally with a cross functional approach
- KOL management and member of national working groups
- Stakeholder management & engagement
- GA platform
- HE platform
- Preparation of supportive educational activities (hospitals, sick funds)
- Seminars, round tables
- Data dissemination
- Presents GA, PA and MA activities
- at the business and budget reviews,
- local ABs, round tables
- Responsible for corporate PR and PR on public
- increase awareness about BIIB
- increase awareness about MS
- lead PR initiatives to sustain BIIB image and build partnership with key stakeholders
- Job holder must respect internal rules and all rules based on the respective legal and ethical (AIFP codex) standards.
- Any safety related information concerning company products (adverse event / suspicion on adverse event etc.) must report to the Affiliate Safety Designated Staff in accordance with current internal company rules. Any quality related information concerning company products (product complaints / product defects / suspicion on product defects / falsified medicinal products etc.) must reports directly to the Manager, Quality & Governance in accordance with current internal company rules.
- 5+ year experience in pharmaceutical contexts, in market access specialty areas, or similar.
- Track record of successful reimbursement negotiations for biopharmaceutical products with local reimbursement authorities.
- Expertise in the field of outcomes research, epidemiology or health economics studies.
- Stakeholder management
- Action oriented, works efficiently and methodically, constantly moving forward to achieve set goals
- Intellectually sharp and fast thinker.
- Excellent conceptual, strategic and analytical skills.
- Interpersonally savvy, works comfortably in cross-functional teams.
- Degree in economics or sciences
- Good command of the English language and fluency in local language
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Marketing Manager, Scientific, Manager, Science, Marketing, Engineering, Management