This job is currently Archived,
Specialty Sales Consultant, Sleep - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 19 May 2017
- The Specialty Sales Consultant is responsible for direct promotion of company’s products, and the development and management of business relationships with therapeutic specialists within an assigned geographical territory.
- The Specialty Sales Consultant (SSC) is an integral part of the commercial team that includes all personnel dedicated to the sales and marketing functions.
- The Specialty Sales Consultant will implement company’s marketing strategies and marketing tactics to achieve short-term and long-term objectives.
- This position is within The Sleep Business Unit, and reports directly to a Regional Sales Manager.
MUST HAVE PHARMACEUTICAL SALES EXPERIENCE
The Specialty Sales Consultant will:
- Educate physicians and other health care professionals about company products, providing the most current information about the approved indications for the company’s products
- Achieve individual sales goals and productivity objectives
- Participate in organizing and facilitating meetings for the exchange of medical and product information in line with the company’s policies, regulatory and legal requirements
- Analyze the SSC’s designated territory to understand prescribing and decision processes and any marked differences from national trends
- Manage patient flow challenges, helping office navigate the process from prescription to insurance criteria to patient access of product
- Identify key physicians, health care providers and organizations within assigned territory
- Prepare a business plan and territory tactical plan for the SSC’s assigned territory
- Implement approved plans within established time lines
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with physicians and other health care professionals identified in business plans
- Work with cross functional resources to compliantly meet the needs of physicians, health care professionals, and patients
- Present a positive and professional image of our company's, and ensure activities are consistent with and enhance the company’s ethical pharmaceutical marketing policies and procedures
- Comply with all legal/regulatory guidelines of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, the Prescription Drug Marketing Act, the Pharma Code, OIG guidelines, and all other applicable federal and state regulations
- Perform all activities within allocated budget
- Current relationships with hospitals, sleep labs, neurologists, pulmonologists and sleep specialist
- Sleep and Central Nervous System therapeutic sales experience is preferred
- Orphan/rare disease therapeutic sales experience a benefit
- REMS/hub or central pharmacy experience helpful
- Four year college/university degree or equivalent is required
- Post-graduate business school study, training is preferred
- Must have a minimum of five years of pharmaceutical sales experience
- At least two years of specialist sales experience is preferred (i.e. neurologists, pulmonologists, psychiatrists, or sleep specialists)
- Strong knowledge of product(s); competitor product(s); and applicable disease states desired
- Strong understanding of payer landscape, and the ability to discuss managed care criteria for a high value specialty product, desired
- Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and strong planning and organizational skills are required
- Self-motivation and ability to excel in a team environment
- Ability to travel overnight to meet territorial requirements
Description of physical demands
- Frequent travel between meeting sites.
- Frequently operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Frequent interactions with external contacts in their office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer laptop or tablet use, not usually at a workstation.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Frequent public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.