Senior Specialist – Safety and Environment - Ireland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 09 June 2017
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Our company currently has 2 Senior EHS opportunities which can be located at any of our sites in the UK or Ireland.
- These roles will provide leadership and technical guidance in order to develop, implement, maintain and improve continuously the Environmental and Safety and Health Management System, in order to guarantee full compliance with: legal requirements related to Environmental, Safety and Health; company's corporate standards, policies, procedures and guidelines related to EHS and industry best practices.
- They will also provide advice to management regarding present and future concerns.
- Essentially self-directed, the position holder should be able to generate their own workloads and priorities.
- Good team working and communication skills are essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, develop and implement EHS programs in order to assure continuous compliance with local legislation, our company's standards and industry best practices.
- Support Sites' EHS Teams to maintain and improve their local EHS programs, through each site Operations team or directly.
- Assist Operational departments in achieving and maintaining compliance.
- Prepare required reports to site, divisional and/or corporate management and regulatory agencies.
- Serve as interface with governamental EHS agencies and insurance carriers.
- Evaluate, with the Engineering Department, the requirements related to EHS applicable for new projects and processes as well as changes in the existing processes and installatation.
- Develop and implement projects related to EHS.
- Technical primary degree with a post-grad EHS qualification.
- 5+ years EHS experience in Chemical and/or Pharmaceutical industries.
- Experience on supporting multiple activities/projects and on working with EHS regulatory agencies and Corporate support functions.
- The ideal candidate is a self directed, technically strong individual who can work in a multi-functionary team environment.
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job Segment: Safety, Environmental Engineering, Law, Pharmaceutical, Engineer, Service, Engineering, Legal, Science