Senior Specialist, Engineering Job - Ireland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 04 June 2017
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- The Global Technical Operations (GTO) Bio-Sterile Technical Services team is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill an open position to support the future growth of the vaccines business across the European Vaccine Site network.
GTO Bio-Sterile Technical Services is a customer-focused Above-Site support team with the goals to:
- Lead and execute Cross-functional Above-Site projects across multiple Vaccine Sites or multiple Vaccine products.
- Provide on-site support for critical Vaccine Site investigations and specialized technical requests.
The specific responsibilities for this Senior Specialist position include the following:
- Provide on-site support for New Product Introductions to support accelerated Vaccine Site Readiness to enable the Site to achieve on-time, right-first-time vaccine technology transfers.
- Execute Above-Site projects through all phases: project planning, project management and execution.
- Provide support for strategic initiatives: technical reports, data analysis, process monitoring, site comparisons and technical risk assessment.
- The on-site New Product Introduction support will be the major focus of this position over the next several years
Typical Minimum Education:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Biology/Chemistry Sciences.
- Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years technical experience in a pharmaceutical technology support role including: process, analytics or validation.
- Proficiency with pharmaceutical industry technical business processes: change request, deviation management, technical protocol/final reports, regulatory license documentation.
- Demonstrated strong project leadership skills through project planning, execution, monitoring and closeout phases to deliver successful completion to project target milestone dates.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and effectively across boundaries to build strong collaborative relation with other internal partner groups, Vaccine Sites and external partners.
- MPS experience - LSS Green Belt certification or equivalent experience.
- Ability to travel up to 50% on a routine basis. There could be assignments which require travel upwards of 75+% over extended periods of time.
- Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Site Technology experience supporting vaccine manufacturing process unit operations
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification or equivalent experience
- Proficient with statistical data analysis (JMP or Minitab)
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 2
Job Segment: Engineer, Pharmaceutical, Lean Six Sigma, Scientific, Chemical Engineer, Engineering, Science, Management