Senior Scientist, Cellular Pharmacology - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 09 June 2017
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where our company has codified its 125-year legacy. Our company's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
- Our company is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company.
- Today, we’re doubling down on this goal.
- Our company Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take our company's leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologic R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
- The In Vitro Pharmacology department is seeking a highly motivated and creative scientist to join the Cellular Pharmacology group to focus on early drug discovery projects in support of target and pathway validation for several therapeutic areas for genetically validated targets.
- The successful applicant will independently design and implement In Vitro/ Ex Vivo cell-based assays, using genetic and pharmacological manipulations in relevant cellular systems. Main responsibilities will include cell-based assay development, high-content imaging and flow cytometry analyses.
- Solid experience in cell culture, cell line generation and bio sample processing is a must with preference given to candidates with direct experience in primary or 3-D cell culture approaches. Hands-on contributions are essential.
- The candidate is expected to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues in Pharmacology, the Genetics and Pharmacogenomics group, and across other departments, and demonstrate excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills.
- A successful candidate will have a track record of achievements and publications in academic or industrial settings.
The specific responsibilities of the candidate include but are not limited to:
- Design and execution of experimental strategies for target and pathway validation
- Implementation and validation of various cellular in vitro and ex vivo assays using a wide range of methodologies
- Cell line generation utilizing state-of-the art genetic manipulations and gene knock-down techniques
- Establishment of primary cell cultures, including 3D and co-cultures from different organs
- Proper documentation and reporting of the experimental findings and scientific contributions to research projects/programs in multiple disease areas
- Effective collaboration with members within department and across functional teams in support of research projects/programs at different stages.
A Master’s degree in Biology or related disciple with a minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience or PhD (preferred) in Biological Science or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years post-doctoral experience.
- Extensive job related laboratory research experience with tissue culture, cell line generation and cellular assay execution in academic or industrial setting.
- Hands-on cellular assay development and troubleshooting skills, and proficiency with different cellular screening formats
- Solid data analytical and problem solving skills and proficiency in standard scientific software used for data analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including preparation of study reports, presentations and manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Proven ability to function and communicate effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment and thrive in a team environment.
- Research and drug discovery experience with target and pathway validation
- Experience with primary cell and 3D cell cultures
- A broad set of assay skills in molecular biology, DNA, RNA and protein techniques is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art screening approaches, and familiarity with lab automation
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Genetics, Scientific, Pharmacology, Medical, Scientist, Science, Engineering, Healthcare