This job is currently Archived,
Senior Medical Manager - Antibiotics - Brazil
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 15 May 2017
- The Medical Affairs Manager is part of the country Medical Affairs Department.
- This position has a significant impact on our ability to effectively translate medical science into relevant business opportunities with high standards of local regulatory and compliance requirements.
- The role requires the ability to interact with a sort of different stakeholders like key scientific leaders, marketing and sales peers as well as regulatory authorities in order to effectively address technical issues for company products and therapeutic areas of interest.
- Responsible for scientific knowledge management, translating information into strategic advice on therapeutic areas of interest for company products / competitors;
- Interaction with Scientific Leaders (SL) providing support to business units;
- Conduct local advisory boards meetings and collect customer needs from SLs;
- Attend regional, national, international, scientific congresses;
- Provides medical information requests/answers to questions from local customers.
- Support to products team, providing scientific support to achieve marketing / strategic objectives;
- Support to inclusion of Merck products in hospital formularies and in local therapeutic guidelines;
- Participate in strategic defense of company products with key decisions makers;
- Advise to legal and regulatory departments on the inquiries concerning company products;
- Provide sales representatives technical training.
- Review of locally developed materials to ensure medical relevance and compliance with regulations;
- Limited review of regionally developed materials to ensure compliance with local legal regulations, and to customized local materials.
Advises Regulatory Affairs on the medical and scientific aspects of company products;
Provides support to activities that assure reporting of pharmacovigilance cases;
- Provide suggestions for clinical research (investigators, objectives, design, sites, studies) upon request;
- Manage post-development portfolio of studies including IISPs and local studies of respective area;
Academic Requirements & Experience
- Strong background in healthcare and science, specifically one of the following:
- Degree in Medicine (desirable with postgraduate training in Infectious diseases or pediatrician specialty background and a solid knowledge of a variety of disease areas, prevention and treatment);
Work experience in a clinical set and/or academia;
- Excellent communication and people skills;
- Results oriented;
- Fluent in English and Portuguese;
- Post-Graduation or PhD degree;
- Experience with international/local clinical research and pharmacovigilance;
- Experience with teamwork or team management;
- Experience in Medical Affairs in a pharmaceutical industry
Job Segment: Medical, Law, Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Pharmacovigilance, Healthcare, Legal, Science, Sales