Senior Manager/Associate Director Facilities and Maintenance - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 06 June 2017
- Our company is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care.
- The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors.
- The Senior Manager/Associate Director, Facilities and Maintenance will report to the Vice President, Manufacturing and will be responsible for the Facilities needs of the Clinical Manufacturing, Product Science and administrative buildings.
- Specifically, managing and executing the maintenance and support of Clinical Manufacturing, Product Science, and administrative building utilities, HVAC, control systems, equipment maintenance and calibration.
- The position is also responsible for the ongoing planning and execution of building repairs, upkeep, and maintenance.
- In addition, directs the day-to-day activities of security, pest control, maintenance, calibration, janitorial activities, GMP cleaning, and associated contractors.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Ensure that all facility utilities are 100% operational and maintained in support for Clinical Manufacturing, Product Science, and laboratory activities
- Resolve and repair facility support systems safely and expeditiously
- Recommend solutions and implements appropriate corrective actions for major and complex maintenance issues
- Startup and shutdown facility systems.
- On board new equipment as required for Clinical Manufacturing and Product Science
- Upgrade associated utilities as required for new equipment installations
- Manage plans for calibration and preventative maintenance of all GMP equipment, lab equipment, and utilities. Utilities to including compressed gases, HVAC systems, electrical, life safety, and emergency power system (UPS)
- Organize and manage records keeping of preventative maintenance, calibration, facilities cleaning activities according to cGMP
- Responsible for monitoring and responding to remote Critical Equipment Monitoring System notifications and take appropriate action per approved SOP’s
- Generate SOP’s, deviations, and change control as required for related Facilities systems
- Revise SOP’s as required for updated systems and procedures
- Manage facility support contractors, including security, pest control, waste management, fire systems, and landscaping
- Manage compressed gas inventories for Clinical Manufacturing and Product Science
- Manage cleaning supply inventories
- Develop annual Facilities budget
- Maintain up to date records for all state, federal, and local licenses and inspections
- Manage staff and contractor training on current SOP’s and procedures
- Manage space planning, storage areas, and furniture purchasing / installations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline or related field or equivalent experience required, advanced degree preferred with at least 12 to 15 years of manufacturing facility supervisory maintenance or building operations experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- Hands on experience of mechanical, electrical, HVAC, boilers, water systems and compressed gases required
- Experience with Building Management software strongly preferred
- Control automation and PLC experience is a plus
- Able to build and manage a team as well as train entry-level personnel
- Comfortable writing department operational/maintenance SOP’s
- Willingness to put internal customer needs first
- Must be able to work on off shift hours as well as part of the on-call rotation as needed is required
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- High energy level and a positive outlook coupled with the requisite “can do” attitude and a willingness to do what it takes to achieve personal and organizational goals and overcome obstacles
- Willingness to think outside of the box and adapt best practices to our small, but growing environment
- Ability to adapt in a constantly evolving environment
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility
- Our company is an equal opportunity employer.
- We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation.