This job is currently Archived,
Senior Downstream Process Development Scientist - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 12 June 2017
- We provide those who raise and care for animals with solutions that empower them to advance a vision of food and companionship enriching life.
- We understand the powerful role healthy animals play in making lives better.
- As pets increasingly become important parts of our families, so too does the need to help them live longer, healthier, higher-quality lives.
- As the global population grows, so too will the need to meet the demand for safe, affordable food for all.
- Our company has been working to empower our customers—from veterinarians to food producers to all those concerned with animal health—to address these global challenges, and advance a vision of food and companionship enriching life.
- We strive to develop and deliver products safe for consumers, animals and the environment through innovation and a shared vision to enrich the life of people worldwide.
Overall Job Description:
- A vacancy now exists within our TS/MS Process Development Group for a senior scientist to join a group of scientists working on the development and commercialisation of new downstream processes.
- This is in support of the company biotechnology and nutritional product pipeline.
- The role will involve developing and refining processes in the laboratory, scaling up to our pilot plant for production of pivotal batches, and establishing the process design space and control strategy for commercial manufacture.
- It will require the successful applicant to have a strong knowledge of protein chemistry, understanding of potential CQAs and analytical tools.
- The candidate should have a strong working knowledge of downstream processing techniques and be prepared to be hands on at all stages.
- The successful applicant will be required to drive the development strategy for key molecules, drive the technical improvement agenda and provide a technical leadership and mentoring role to others within the team.
- Delivering key development goals through hands-on experimentation and demonstration at lab scale and overseeing scale up activities to pilot plant areas;
- Providing technical leadership and working collaboratively within a team of development scientists to deliver process and productivity improvements for the company and company biotech products;
- Developing work plans, regularly leading communicating progress and direction to key stake-holders and working flexibly to overcome issues and barriers encountered;
- Delivering high quality technical reports to support proposed process improvements;
- Accountability for budgeting and cost control for development activities;
- Responsible for ensuring that appropriate risk assessments and safe systems of work are in place and adhered to for all process development activity;
- Developing close alignment to supporting functions, including Manufacturing Operations, Project/Process Engineering and Quality Control Labs to ensure that process improvements can effectively be delivered at manufacturing scale;
- Mentoring of team members technically. Growing team scientific capabilities.
Degree, or higher degree in a scientific or engineering discipline, preferably with a biotechnology focus. Clear demonstrated experience and delivery in the field of downstream processing.
- Demonstrated capability of working effectively in a team based environment;
- Ability to communicate effectively and build strong working relationships at all levels in the organisation;
- Ability to operate in a cGMP environment and produce technical documentation to high standards;
- Experience in the use of statistical software to design experimental approaches and analyse the data generated;
- Knowledge of Health and Safety expectations for the laboratory environment;
- Ability to develop a network of relevant technical contacts beyond the Speke site.
Knowledge of “Quality by Design” principles