Senior Director, Supply Chain - Netherlands
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 11 June 2017
- Our company is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care.
- The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Our company is currently adding additional talent as it focuses on developing the European Region in support of providing maximum access to patients with unmet needs.
- Our company is seeking a highly motivated individual to lead the Supply Chain Team in Europe, build capability for launching our T cell therapy for cancer treatment.
- The Senior Director will be responsible for recruiting talent, developing logistics and distribution strategy, leading GMP materials planning and service provider management, and implementing business systems capability. He/she will collaborate with cross-functional teams in Europe and US including Technical Operations, Commercial Operations, and Finance to accomplish our company’s objectives in Europe for product launch and life-cycle management.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Develop logistics and distribution strategy and business processes for autologous cell therapy.
- Collaborate with Commercial Operations to define and implement order to cash process.
- Lead business systems implementation for technical and GMP operations.
- Responsible for logistics and cross-border trade activities, including those conducted in-house and by 3PLs, as well as materials management.
- Europe regional lead for S&OP, supply chain cost management, and supply risks management.
- Work closely with QP to ensure GMP compliance in Supply Chain Europe.
- Drive product launch activities required for Supply Chain and continuous business process improvements
- Recruit and develop supply chain talent.
- Collaborate and build productive relationship with internal business partners and stakeholders in Europe and the US to enable timely fulfillment of business requirements.
- Ensure oversight programs are defined with performance measures and regular business reviews and reporting.
- Ensure timely establishment and administration of service agreements with external service providers through close collaboration with Legal, Procurement and Quality.
- Contribute on Supply Chain leadership team for organization capability build as business continues to expand.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- PhD/Master’s degree with 15+ years, or Bachelor’s degree in life sciences with 20+ years of relevant experience in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry
- The ideal candidate is well versed in all supply chain aspects, experienced in biopharma product launch and lifecycle management.
- Knowledge of GMP, SOPs and quality processes
- Demonstrated business acumen and experience in cost management and contract negotiation/administration
- Experience in supplier or 3rd party service provider management
- Excellent project/portfolio management skills
- Strategic thinking, ability to prioritize business needs and focus/deliver results on high impact business requirements
- Effective leadership in cross-functional matrix environment and managerial skills in building high performance teams
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and other applications; excellent skills in business presentation
- Experience in business systems implementation
- Ability to communicate and work independently with scientific/technical personnel.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills