Scientist, Stem Cell Engineering - United States
- Our company is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care.
- The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors.
- We are seeking a highly motivated Scientist to join the T Cell Engineering group.
- The Scientist, Stem Cell Engineering will work with the research team in supporting our efforts in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy.
- Under minimal supervision, the successful candidate will be expected to perform experiments, organize and analyze results and communicate and present findings in team meetings. You will also be asked to perform other duties as required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Regular maintenance and manipulation of several ES and iPS cell lines and differentiated products
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail
- Work with a cross-functional research team to advance the development of an “off-the-shelf” T cell therapy products
- Other duties as assigned
- Ph.D. degree in stem cell biology or a closely related field with 0- 5 years of relevant training or industry experience preferred
- Direct experience in the manipulation and maintenance of iPS and ES cell lines, preferably in feeder-free conditions
- Familiarity with genome editing techniques (CRISPR/Cas9, TALEN, ZFN, megaTAL…)
- Hands-on experience extracting genomic DNA and performing PCR analysis
- Direct expertise in cellular transfection and transduction, preferably electroporation
- Direct experience in immunostaining and flow cytometry
- Hands-on expertise with basic molecular cloning techniques
- Familiarity with basic ES / iPS differentiation methods such as embryoid body formation
- Protein analysis methods are preferred (western blot, ELISA…)
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Our company is an equal opportunity employer with European HQ, a professional business park with several first class amenities such as restaurants, coffee shops, bars, shopping, a health club plus a premier golf course and the country park provides over 160 acres of easy access open space.
- Our company offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.