Scientist - Biological Statistics, Global Agronomy, RTP - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 08 June 2017
A brighter future
- We work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make an impact and help create a better world.
- For those around us, for each other and for the next generation.
- We use science to advance industries, and as part of R&D, you will create and develop the biological answers that will pave the way for a brighter future.
Scientist - Biological Statistics, Global Agronomy, RTP
- Are you ready for a challenging role that depends both on your technical expertise and your ability to collaboratively solve complex new problems? If so, you could be our new colleague in our company.
- We are seeking a talented and self-motivated Scientist to help us identify and characterize novel microbes to create the next generation of agricultural products.
- You will work with geographically diverse and complex data sets from field trials to help us understand how microbes improve crop performance.
- Your ability to ask innovative and insightful questions of the data and to present the results in a structured and accessible manner to different stakeholders will be essential to your success.
- This position may be located in either RTP, NC or Salem, VA. You will be expected to travel both internationally and domestically.
In this position you need to have:
- A master’s or a PhD degree in a field relevant to biological statistics.
- Experience conducting statistical analyses on noisy, spatially stratified data – preferably in a biological sciences or agronomy setting.
- Expertise in statistical methods such as mixed-models, DOE and spatially stratified designs.
- Proven application of statistics to extract value from complex datasets and ability to apply knowledge/models.
- Statistical programming and data visualization with tools such as R, SAS, JMP, Python, Tableau and Spotfire.
- A positive and open-minded attitude, good interpersonal skills, and excellent communication skills (written and spoken) to achieve results together with others.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 10%.
- The ability to work in the U.S. now or in the future without sponsorship.
- Our company is the world leader in biological solutions.
- Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives.
- As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future.