Research Technician I - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 08 June 2017
- Collect and record data with minimal supervision in the performance of studies.
- Responsible for handling and restraining animals, clinical observations, sample collection, monitoring food consumption, animal husbandry, and performing accurate data collection and reporting. Administer test substances by various basic methods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform in-life technical procedures (e.g., clipping, handling, binding, removals, body weight, dosing).
- Administer test substances by various basic methods
- Input, print and edit computer entries (e.g., in life numbers, body weights, food consumption and clinical observation).
- Under supervision may act as lead/primary technician on basic studies.
- Observe animals for general health and overall well being.
- Collect and record research data and biological specimens in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLPs), study protocols and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Read basic study protocols and extract pertinent information.
- Review documentation of functions performed as part of quality control requirements.
- Retrieve and view SOPs using appropriate database.
- Use GLPs, SOPs, processes and company policies when performing all job functions.
- Handle, restrain, and provide care for all species of laboratory animals at the site.
- Perform study preparation activities including collection tube labeling and room setup.
- Maintain clean work areas (e.g.: laboratory area, primary enclosures, animal exam areas).
- Receive animals (e.g., general health observation, sexing and identification) of all species, if applicable for the site.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or General Equivalent Degree (G.E.D.). Bachelor’s preferred (B.S) or equivalent in animal or life science or related discipline.
- Experience: 6 months to 1 year related experience in animal research and/or husbandry or must have fully satisfied technical and experience requirements for the previous level.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: ALAT preferred
- Other: Ability to handle common laboratory species. Proficient in basic technical skills and the operation of data collection equipment. Knowledge of GLPs and other federal regulations and guidelines relating to the care of laboratory animals. Basic understanding of study design and protocols.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet