Research Scientist-Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 12 June 2017
- We unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
- Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
- We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Our Global Statistical Sciences department includes over 300 people with advanced degrees in statistics/biostatistics, mathematics, econometrics, operations research and computer science.
- Our diverse population of global talent brings innovation to every aspect of our business-from Discovery Research to Clinical Development to Manufacturing and Business Analytics.
- We are playing a leading role in transforming the way the company does drug development using state-of-the-art methods in adaptive designs, Bayesian statistics, genetic/biomarker analysis, machine learning & artificial intelligence and more!
- We are working closely with business colleagues on big data problems to forecasting, modeling and predictive analytics to optimize our business practices.
- You will be encouraged to identify important business problems and to further your own research interests in these areas including presentations and publications at professional meetings. Come join us on our amazing journey to make life better!
- You will be part of a growing and dynamic team of machine learning and artificial intelligence professionals whose main goal is to help our research, development, marketing, finance, and business leadership partners achieve their scientific and business goals through advanced analytics and algorithms.
- We are looking for energetic, curious people with a strong intellect and driving passion to make life better for patients. Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with discovery, development, and commercialization, manufacturer teams to identify, scope, and execute analytic efforts that answer key questions, solve business needs, and add business value
- Maintain a broad understanding of drug development and commercialization and be fully engaged with business teams, bringing an objective voice to the table, and facilitating decisions grounded in data
- Collaborate with other analytics team members to review and provide feedback on the analytics work being done, and be willing to seek feedback from other team members about your own work
- Stay current with respect to statistical/computer science/mathematical/informatics modeling methodology, to maintain proficiency in applying new and varied algorithms, methods, and to be competent in justifying methods selected
- Ph.D in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics/Biostatistics, or Operational Research.
- Applied statistical/machine learning/artificial intelligence/control algorithms research experience at industry (e.g., internship or full-time employment) OR academic research centers, outside of PhD dissertation
- Demonstrated ability to develop methodology as evidenced by publication in top tier journals
- At least one oral presentation at a statistics/computer science/machine learning conference
- Proficiency in C++, Java, Python, R, SQL, Matlab Research experience in:Deep learning Reinforcement learning Automatic control Optimization With sufficient background in programming including objective oriented programming, design patterns, and general knowledge on software development.
- Interpersonal communication skills for effective customer consultation Ability to work with diverse teams (many scientific and business disciplines) and diverse cultures/perspectives Teamwork and leadership skills Technical growth and application with working knowledge of model building, optimization methods.
- Curious and highly motivated with a focus on results for timely and accurate completion of competing deliverables Broad thinking and understanding of science and our business to help drive creativity and innovation Demonstrated problem solving ability and strategic thinking
- Our company is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Our company is a global health care leader that unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
- For more than a century, we have stayed true to a core set of values—excellence, integrity, and respect for people—that guide us in all we do: discovering medicines that meet real needs, improving the understanding and management of disease, and giving back to communities.
- We also are committed to investing in our employees and supporting a culture of well-being —through competitive pay, comprehensive employee benefit programs, and training and development resources