This job is currently Archived,
Research Assistant- Clinical Research - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 08 June 2017
The Research Assistant Promotes good clinical practices in the conduct of clinical investigations by possessing an in-depth knowledge of federal regulations and Compass Research guidelines (SOPs) for the enrollment and maintenance of subjects in clinical trials, and by collecting, recording and maintaining source and sponsor documentation.
- Understand thoroughly all assigned studies through reading protocols, attending investigator meetings and start-up meetings, and coordinating with Principal Investigator
- Adhere strictly to the study protocol; obtain exemptions when necessary/appropriate
- Communicate protocol issues to CRO and/or Sponsor, Site Administrator, Director, Principal or Sub-Investigator
- Articulate all pertinent issues to the PI or document by email/letter or during meetings
- Collect initial psychiatric and medical information by interviewing patients and by accessing other appropriate sources
- Ensure a flow of communication including telephone conferences between patient, study staff, referral sources, Sponsor and/or CRO, Monitor(s), Auditors and any marketing groups hired by the Sponsor
- Utilize various psychiatric rating scales and maintaining interrater reliability with other clinicians at Compass Research
- Perform clinical tasks including, but not limited to, vital signs, height and weight, ECG, phlebotomy, specimen packaging
- Maintain timely Compass Research source documentation as well as sponsor required information.
- Dispense and maintain accurate records of study medication
- Educate patients and family regarding their particular study and clinical drug trials in general.
- Complete all monitor and sponsor queries in a timely manner
- Provide appropriate community resource referrals to patients, caretakers, and family at conclusion of patient’s participation in study
- Learn and support the mission and goals of Compass Research’s program.
- Ability to communicate clearly/effectively (written and oral).
- Excellent interpersonal and customer services skills.
- HS Diploma or GED Transcript required.
- Associate’s degree nice to have.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in a clinical environment preferred.
- Experience in clinical research is ideal.
- LPN, RN, or other medical licensure or certification preferred.