Research Assistant 1 in Preformulation (Temporary) - United States
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- Plan and perform experiments in support of research projects in lab and/or field based on knowledge of scientific theory. Interpret and perform basic analyses of results.
- Produce, analyze, document and report results, achieving reproducible, high quality data in a timely manner.
- Keep accurate and detailed laboratory records.
- Communicate daily results and summarize progress with supervisor by oral update and/or written report.
- Troubleshoot, rapidly propose solutions and/or seek help.
- Experience with general molecular biology and biochemistry.
- Demonstrated experience in biochemistry and molecular biology technique. Experience in the biotechnology industry a plus.
- Experience with biophysical techniques is preferred.
- Experience with different biophysical techniques including SECMALS, Circular Dichroism (CD), Fluorescence, Isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC) or Analytical ultracentrifugation (AUC) will be a plus.
- Experience with viral vectors for gene therapy is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to maintain careful attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience keeping accurate and detailed laboratory records.
- Enjoy a challenging research and development environment working with multidisciplinary teams.
- BS/MS degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or similar field of study.