This job is currently Archived,
Regional Director East, Complement - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 12 June 2017
The MSL Regional Director (RD) plans, directs, coordinates and supports field activities of the MSLs within a specific region to achieve clinical and business objectives within Global Medical Affairs (GMA) therapeutic area. The Regional Director works closely with Sr. Director and cross-functionally within GMA to identify, develop, and implement local MSL strategies and tactics and monitors results, reporting to the US MSL Senior Director.
- Deploy regional resources to support and ensure attainment of business objectives. This includes adhering to regional fiscal budgets, dissemination of scientific information within corporate regulatory and compliance guidelines, managing team and individual performance within their duties, regional project management and quantifying and reporting regional results.
- Direct, coordinate and support the activities of the MSLs within a designated geographic region to achieve clinical and business objectives within a therapeutic area. This includes coaching and mentoring for a designated number of MSLs
- Work cross-functionally within the company to identify, develop, and implement MSL strategies and tactics while monitoring results and compliance.
- Responsible for competitive business analysis and clinical positioning of a designated therapeutic area in the region.
- Assist the Senior Director with business and clinical strategy and tactical plan development, and implementation, impact goal achievement, and quantification of results at the field level.
- Maintain business and clinical knowledge of designated therapeutic area, including current treatment strategies, current and pending competitors, and new therapeutic developments. Continually educate self on global market issues / trends and product knowledge as it pertains to specific business interests.
- Proactively analyze local and regional business needs by working in conjunction with the clinical and commercial organizations to identify opportunities where MSL function can enhance business results.
- Ensure MSL team members maintain adequate communication and interaction with the field colleagues when appropriate and according to compliance and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure MSLs have the necessary tools, training, and materials to perform effectively and efficiently
- Responsible for providing consistent and timely feedback to MSLs regarding their individual performance and progress, including annual performance reviews, growth and succession planning, and real time field reports based upon regular field travel.
- Ensure MSL team members update and maintain all required databases with current and complete information. Ensure appropriate documentation of KOL interactions and responses to unsolicited requests and conduct routine audits and reports to Sr. Director.
- Appropriately allocate resources as requested to support franchise and business initiatives. Insure cross functional integration of the MSL team at the field level to maximize strategic initiatives.
- Complete special projects with overall organizational impact at request of the Senior Director.
- Responsible for identifying new projects that will enhance business success and bringing them to the attention of Sr. management
- Serve as mentor and trainer for other managers and new hires.
- Identify opportunities for cross-functional integration of MSL roles and activities at the field level.
- Communicate regional activities and results to the Senior Director and other cross-functional leadership.
- Ensure team member adherence to regulatory and compliance guidelines in all aspects of scientific dissemination of information.
- Greater than or equal to 7 years of demonstrated leadership success in the following areas: pharmaceutical field-based experience (e.g. MSL) and/or pharmaceutical industry related experience.
- Minimum 4 years management experience overseeing field team or equivalent field leadership experience in a Senior MSL position.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with peers and cross-functionally with partners outside of the team
- MD, PharmD, or PhD in biological sciences
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Our company developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders.
- As the global leader in complement inhibition, our company is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders.
- Our company's metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders
- In addition, our company is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas.