Receiving Supervisor - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 13 June 2017
- Our company is a leading global healthcare company, delivers value to its customers and consumers by providing Quality Affordable Healthcare Products.
- Founded in 1887 as a packager of home remedies, our company has built a unique business model that is best described as the convergence of a fast-moving consumer goods company, a high-quality pharmaceutical manufacturing organization and a world-class supply chain network.
- Our company is the world's largest manufacturer of over-the-counter ("OTC") healthcare products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market.
- The Company also is a leading provider of branded OTC products throughout Europe and the U.S., as well as a leading producer of "extended topical" prescription drugs. Our company sells its products primarily in North America and Europe, as well as in other markets, including Australia, Israel and China.
- Joining us means joining a team that is driven and excited to make healthcare products more affordable around the globe.
- Our products improve our consumer’s quality of life – let our company improve the quality of your career.
- The Receiving Supervisor ensures the efficient warehousing of pharmaceutical products, with adherence to standard operating procedures by providing training and direction to the assigned work force.
- Leads and supervises warehouse employees working on multiple shifts, and monitors warehouse activity to ensure compliance with established procedures and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Reviews daily and weekly production schedules and sets crew levels, ensuring adequate trained staff are available while achieving internal and external customer requirements.
- Provides and/or monitors training activities to ensure employees are able to perform tasks accurately and safely, committing to a safe working environment for all employees.
- Gives performance feedback to employees, recognizes good performance and provides direction for corrective action on attendance, safety or procedural issues.
- Collaborates closely with Quality Services to facilitate product releases, and ensures budget compliance, including allocation of team overtime and meeting other annual budget objectives.
- Uses leadership role to ensure employees comply with LMS training requirements.
- Provides SAP support for other areas regarding inventory and shares related information.
- Strong leadership skills, including well-developed communication and problem solving skills.
- Superior planning and analytical skills and a thorough understanding of warehousing procedures.
- SAP, Word, Excel, Kronos, and Power Point skills preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to provide work direction across multiple shifts, work groups, and plants.
- One to three years of previous distribution or warehousing experience.
- Bachelor degree in a business, management or other related discipline combined with previous supervisory experience. Consideration may be given to those who hold 6 years of progressively responsible and relevant work experience including three years of supervisory experience.