Project Manager, PMO - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is the trusted leader in clinical trial management innovation and therapeutic expertise, is looking for intelligent, creative and dedicated professionals to join our growing technology team! We are company that values technical excellence, teamwork and a commitment to success.
- We employ cutting edge technology to provide our customers with industry leading solutions and are currently seeking to fill the position of Project Manager, PMO in our office.
- The e Health Project Management Organization (PMO) is a hybrid organization tasked with ensuring company projects are executed effectively and efficiently.
- It was established to be a ‘Centre of Excellence’ to ensure better quality deliverables, consistency and oversight of projects.
- As an integral member of the PMO, the Project Manager is responsible for managing assigned project(s) for the eClinical division; managing project timelines, budget, scope, status reports, invoicing, resource management, communication, issues and risks.
- Project managers are tasked with getting the most out of the people and projects they oversee.
- Also, as a part of PMO, the Project Manager will contribute to maintaining project management methodologies, standards and tools, and helping the company manage change and growth.
- Achieving and maintaining a billable utilization rate of 60%
- Responsible for all facets of e Clinical projects by demonstrating proficiency in the basic and advanced knowledge, skills and abilities related to proper planning, efficient organization of resources, thorough coordination between internal and external agencies, appropriate direction of concurrent and consecutive work packages/tasks and timely communications of current and future activities.
- Developing and managing robust project plans, preparing and/or editing a range of correspondence, conducting meetings, and ensuring all key documents are accurate and up-to-date.
- Overseeing simultaneous project events and maintaining progress to successful completion and customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring that all critical path project activities are completed within timelines and are acceptable to primary internal and external customers
- Developing project budgets, tracking actual costs, and formulating contingency plans to reduce the financial risks to ongoing efforts.
- Diagnosing root cause of the breakdown of planned activities during project execution and proposing alternative solutions that can be incorporated into other projects
- Using appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Effectively managing efforts required to ensure that all key deliverables are identified and produced in a timely manner for the initiation, build, maintenance, and/or closeout phases of the project
- Maintaining project status and reporting
- Performing risk management to minimize project risks, and escalate to management as needed per project governance.
- Ability to take on complex and/or time-sensitive project initiatives and achieve a high level of success.
- Assisting the resource management process for project.
- Managing the relationship with the client and all stakeholders per project governance
- Assisting the project health check process as necessary, closely working with the Program Manager
Subject Matter Expertise
- Maintaining sufficient product knowledge of company products.
- Able to interact with customer technical experts and facilitate internal discussions with product-specific SMEs on the most complex aspects of project planning, execution and milestone achievement
- Recognized as a company expert in taking a complex study through all phases of the PLC
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years’ experience in project management will be considered in lieu of a degree
Additional skill set:
- Ability to tailor communication based on audience; Knowing when to be direct at the same time being responsive to internal and external concerns and agendas to achieve optimal project outcomes
- Working knowledge of eClinical systems a requirement for internal candidates
- Strong motivational skills and abilities – promoting a team based approach
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and leadership skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong MS office
- Goal oriented
- Ability to maintain professional and positive attitude
- PMP certification is a plus
- 5+ years Project Management experience preferably within the clinical trials space
- 5+ years similar industry or professionally-related experience