Program Management Leader Early Development - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Program Management Leader (PML) is accountable to both the PMO leadership and the Compound Development Team Leader or Research Team Leader for initiating, planning, executing, controlling, reporting, and terminating the integrated, end-to-end compound development plan as approved by the appropriate governing body
- A core member of the Compound Development Team (CDT), the Clinical Subteam (CT) or Research Team, the PML provides cross-functional operational leadership and program management for the development of therapeutic products in a global, matrix organization, from target validation to life cycle management.
- PMLs are guided in all matters by our company Credo values and our Leadership Performance Standards.
- The Program Management Leader ED works in partnership with the CDTL and the Clinical Leader (CL) to achieve the following results:
- Establish the CDT/CT strategy with concomitant goals & objectives in alignment with the established organizational objectives.
- Support the CDT/CT to meet or exceed those goals by providing global cross-functional operational leadership and management in a matrixed organization, facilitating issue identification and resolution, problem-solving, risk management, contingency planning and decision-making.
- Manage the CDT/CT in a manner that fosters and maintains a high performance team culture; at the direction of the CDTL/CL, chair CDT/CT meetings and represent the CDT/CT when the CDTL/CL is unavailable.
- Lead and direct the integrated PMT to plan, execute, control, report and close-out all compound related work across all functions (e.g., integrated program budget, risk, timeline, resource, and stakeholder management). Accountable for the alignment between CDT, CT, TA, and Portfolio plans such that the forecasted benefits of the program are achieved.
- Work with standard budgeting and forecasting models to specific compound needs in collaboration with CDT/CT/PMT partners; identify trade-off options and novel approaches to exploring technical risk and accelerating compound development.
- Manage CDT/CT and PMT information, documentation, and team communications to ensure timely and accurate dissemination of the CDT strategy and operational status throughout the Company and between co-development partners and/or other external partners (as required). Employ and help shape the reporting processes and tools established by the PMO, the Therapeutic Area leadership, and portfolio management
- Contribute to the success of the PMO in achieving its goals & objectives by ensuring program work is conducted in compliance with PMO processes and Company policies, participate in program management process & quality improvement initiatives, and other tasks assigned by the PMO leadership team.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in life sciences is required.
- A Post graduate degree (PHD) in life sciences is preferred.
- Professional project management certification (PMP) and/or diploma is a strong asset.
- At least 5 years of relevant industry/business experience.
- The ability to work with cross-functional teams in a matrix environment is required.
- Experience in project management, team leadership, and/or functional line management in one or more of the major R&D functions is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict and influence teams without formal authority is required. Successful experience managing or leading global and/or virtual teams is highly desirable, especially if done within a matrix organization.
- Record of successful governance body and/or stakeholder management highly preferred.