Process Technical Specialist (2 year contract) - Ireland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 04 June 2017
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- This position will provide expert technical & equipment support to the IPT Processing areas in Brinny.
- This role will ensure on-going optimization of the process and manufacturing support to ensure the continued manufacture and supply of quality pharmaceutical products in meeting our Manufacturing Division Priorities of: Compliance, Supply, Strategy and Profit Plan.
- The Technical Support role will be required to collaborate, coach and facilitate the IPT team to ensure the effective and efficient on-time delivery of batch production within the IPT area. This requires the delivery of process excellence and reliability across all areas of the IPT
- Lead and participate in problem solving teams across all areas of the IPT (e.g. reliability, Safety, Quality (e.g.CAPA/DN/MDNs etc).
- Lead and close process related deviations and reports.
- Support Operations team to consistently deliver on specific area Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), e.g. EHS metrics, Production Plan, OEE, compliance and team training.
- Provides front-line technical EHS support & coaching to the operational team and be first point of contact for safety related concerns (e.g. Entropy actions/MOC/Permits/Risk assessments).
- Protocol/report authoring/execution/oversight/approval as appropriate
- Ensure highest Quality, Compliance and Safety standards.
- Participate and comply with the company Manufacturing Division Quality Management Systems (QMS) requirements, including ownership, as relevant.
- Provide ongoing coaching and support to cross functional team members, to share process, engineering and maintenance best practices.
- Provide coaching and development to all technicians within the IPT.
- Tactical Implementation & Support for reliability equipment initiatives.
- Ensure supply of high quality product through ensuring equipment availability; maximize team member performance through continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Provide technical, process and engineering expertise within a wide range of projects within the IPT, such as the introduction of new equipment and process’s.
- Author/approve Change controls and MIDAS documents as appropriate.
We require a candidate with:
- Level 8 honours degree in a science or engineering discipline.
- 1 years Engineering/Technical experience within a GMP Environment preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge in more than one pharmaceutical and/or chemical manufacturing operation (e.g. manufacturing, quality, engineering, automation etc).
- At least 1 years experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment with experience in a Technical role in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Lean Six Sigma and Lean methodologies, with an understanding of regulatory and validation requirements
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt desirable.
- Proven capability to support the day to day operations within the IPT
- Demonstrated successes in a team environment, such as project teams, Lean Six Sigma team, etc.
- Demonstrated problem solving capabilities
- Proven ability to implement lean projects.
- Demonstrated leadership and change management skills with a continuous improvement focus.
- Ability to interact with multiple stakeholders.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 4
Job Segment: Engineer, CAPA, Pharmaceutical, Law, Lean Six Sigma, Engineering, Management, Science, Legal