Primate Support Technician I - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Perform routine daily cleaning of animal rooms and cages; and husbandry duties as assigned.
- Sanitize cages, primary enclosures, enrichment devices and other related equipment, as may be required.
- Measure and distribute feed to laboratory animals in accordance with established procedures for facility.
- Inspect feeding and watering devices for proper function.
- Observe animals and report illnesses or behavioral abnormalities.
- Administer veterinary treatments to laboratory animals and collect laboratory data.
- Routinely handle animals as required for duties.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Perform quarantine and isolation procedures as they relate to husbandry tasks.
- Use equipment related to the collection of data.
- Perform duties associated with the receipt, transfer and distribution of animals.
- Learn proper techniques for and assist with TB testing and handling of non-human primates.
- Comply with safety and report aspects of colony SOPs; as well as guidelines in the CRL Employee Handbook.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.).
- Experience: 2-4 years related experience in a laboratory animal facility or AALAS Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician certification, and 1-2 years experience in a laboratory animal facility.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: AALAS at ALAT level, driver’s license, etc.
- Other: Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, and complete required documentation. Good interpersonal skills that are conducive to effective communication and delegation and that contribute to a congenial work environment.