This job is currently Archived,
MSL - Virology - Brazil
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 15 May 2017
- Engagements with External Experts.
- Develop an understanding of local, regional and national thought-leaders and the healthcare environments in which they work through effective professional engagement with Clinical and Scientific leaders that are centered on science and credible exchange of unbiased scientific information.
- Interact with managed care organizations, healthcare professionals, clinical investigators, speakers, KOLs, SLs and other healthcare organizations providing fair, balanced, and scientifically rigorous medical and clinical information.
- Meet with healthcare professionals who might be interested in engaging in a scientific discussion regarding a product’s medical and clinical profile in the context of approved prescribing information as well as in response to unsolicited questions or requests for information which may involve off-label information. (Unsolicited means that the information request was neither suggested nor encouraged by the MSL or company sales representatives).
- Participate in the development and implement tactics identified in the Medical Affairs Plans (MAP).
- Alert investigators to Merck's program for Investigator Initiated Study Proposals (MISP) and to the process for submitting investigator designed proposals for review and approval; encourage and facilitate research publication of MISP studies supported by Merck, in strict compliance with HQ and local guidance regarding MISP's, LCE and OR.
- When requested (and consistent with local SOPs), may represent the Medical Department at Local or Regional Medical events (e.g. Medical Congresses and Symposia.) They may collaborate in the coordination of pre-event information and communication of post-event
Non-Promotional Scientific Information
- The Medical Science Liaison is to engage exclusively in activities conductive to scientific exchange.
- As such, MSLs must be mindful of permissible subject matter, manner of discussion, context and audience and as such should be fully trained to fulfill all professional and regulatory requirements.
- Given the role of the MSL and the nature of MSL activities, it is critically important that MSLs avoid even the appearance of engaging in promotional activities.
- Engage in discussions regarding scientific and clinical evidence surrounding new and existing Merck products and claims.
- Provide scientific information for a new therapeutic area related to a future product launch. Identified Scientific leaders .
- Provide relevant scientific background information for formulary decisions, treatment guidelines and Public Health programs.
- Provide fair balanced, objective, scientific information and education to health care providers, formulary committees, basic scientists and to internal business partners as required by identified business needs.
- Graduated in Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing and related areas;
- Fluent English;
- The ideal candidate should have experience as MSL or strong scientific experience with virology.
- Candidates are preferred to possess a doctorate level degree in the life sciences, with a specialization and/or clinical experience in the relevant therapeutic area.
- Required credentials are to be defined locally according to country needs;
- Candidates should have a record of accomplishments in the pharmaceutical industry, with managed care organizations or other related experience;
- Strong scientific baseline knowledge in the therapeutic area, clinical trials methods, implementation and interpretation, sound scientific and clinical judgment, and eagerness to learn more in-depth information within therapeutic area.
Job: Scientific Affairs
Job Segment: Medical, Law, Pharmaceutical, Pharmacy, Claims, Healthcare, Legal, Science, Insurance