Manufacturing Technician - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 08 June 2017
- Our company is a global technology leader driving growth and initiative in the Environmental and Human Health Science markets.
- The company is a leading force in the development, production, marketing, servicing, and supporting of laboratory instrumentation and ancillary services throughout the world.
- The Manufacturing/Operations team is looking for a Technician who is experienced working with lateral flow and ELISA based assays and its components.
- This hands-on position will report to a site Manufacturing Manager and will be an integral production team member helping maximize production output, drive continuous manufacturing process improvement efforts, assist with new product introductions, and assuring the effective utilization of equipment and materials while maintaining safety, quality and cost standards aimed at meeting customers’ quality, cost, and on-time delivery expectations.
- Perform initial functional testing of both in-process and completed lateral flow products.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair test failures and recommend root cause corrective action.
- Position, align and locate components to assemble finished goods.
- The ability to test component quality and finished goods
- Functional testing and analysis of newly developed products to ensure operation and reliability
- Be willing to learn new technologies and procedures to remain current with industry standards and new products
- Other assignments as assigned.
- Prior experience in a GMP manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Lean manufacturing experience a plus
- General PC skills and experience with MS Office (Word/Excel)
- Knowledge of SAP (or similar) a plus
- Experience designing, building, and/or debugging lateral flow and ELISA kits desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; requires interaction with managers, supervisors, engineers, and other hourly associates in a fast pace environment
- Ability to set-up and use basic laboratory equipment regularly used in the production of lateral flow and ELISA kits
- Ability to analyze data and troubleshoot technical aspects
- Understanding and ability to read and interpret technical documentation.
- Available to work overtime as neede
- ISO experience a plus
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience with ELISA or Lateral Flow
- High school diploma required
- Associates degree or equivalent years of experience a plus