Manager, Sales & Business Development Mfg. and Development Services-Mid-Atlantic (Field-based) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 07 June 2017
- Our company is the first company to offer a solution that is tailored to small and mid-size pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
- We offer a range of services from four distinct pillars:
- Development Services, Analytical Testing, Drug Product, and APIs. Beyond that, we can integrate our services so customers experience a simplified engagement with a single project management relationship, full visibility from development into manufacturing, and shorter turnaround times.
- With six locations in the U.S. and a global location in The Netherlands, the company family is growing rapidly. Picture yourself at our company and apply today.
- The Sales & Business Development team is focused on selling company Services within specified territories.
- Each and every team member is expected to develop sustainable business relationships at key levels within current and potential customer companies; sell services to meet individual, divisional and corporate goals and objectives, and target high priority accounts, concentrating efforts where ROI is the greatest.
As a Manager, Sales & Business Development, you will:
- Be responsible for searching out and acquiring new pharmaceutical & biotech projects and products.
- Knowledgeably represents our company in multiple development & manufacturing technologies (Drug Substance, Drug Product, Analytical Services & Testing).
- Maintain and grow sales of existing accounts /projects, managing profitability.
- Plans and implements business strategy across territory and specific accounts where cultivating relationships, identifying opportunities and account management skills are critical.
- Responsible for year on year generation of new business from existing and new accounts.
- Responsible for the customer relationship, tracking all activity at multiple project and product accounts, reporting sales and profitability of the account; leading the account strategy development and execution and product manager/product teams; responsible for forecasting and pricing.
- Plans and manages territory business portfolio according to an agreed market development strategy and sales plan. Maintains and develops existing and new clients using the most current selling practices and relevant functional department liaisons to optimize service quality, business growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Plans and prioritizes personal sales activities and client/prospect contact and conducts self with the highest professional and ethical standards. Frequently visits assigned accounts and proactively approaches customers to acquire new projects and products.
- Uses customer and prospect contact activity tools and systems, and updates relevant information, including proposals held in these systems.
- Prepares and follows-up on proposals to customers including pricing and commercial strategy in-line with business goals and targets. Responsible for all facets of the commercial negotiation of contracts.
- “Owns” the relationship with the customer; maintains and drives continuous improvement and communicates customer’s needs internally. Develops and leads appropriate governance structure at each account / customer.
- Actively participates on product teams from inquiry through commercialization; specifically takes lead role on all commercial discussions; negotiates from CDA to contract execution.
- Assists in gathering market intelligence by reporting noteworthy information regarding customers, competitors and the marketplace. Monitors and reports on market and competitor activities and provides relevant reports and information.
- Actively represents our company at trade shows and conferences, through memberships in industry organizations and through appropriate dialog with the press.
- Communicates, liaises and negotiates internally and externally to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Provides timely call reports, maintains account files, etc.
Qualifications for success:
- BS in Life Sciences, Engineering, with 3+ years of experience in CDMO Sales & Business Development. Advanced business degree preferred.
- Demonstrated account, key account and project management skills.
- Broad but substantial knowledge base in multiple business line.
- Experience in development and manufacturing (chemical or bio) a plus.
What we offer you
- Profit sharing bonus plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
- A menu of voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity insurances
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take the time when you need it
- To complement your personal financial strategy, we also have 401(k) matching