Manager, Manufacturing Training - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 07 June 2017
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases.
- We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- Our company’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain our company’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients.
- Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- Implements and Maintains the training programs for Manufacturing, inclusive of Compliance, Technical, and Enrichment Training, supporting the manufacturing staff which operates on a 24/7 schedule.
- As it relates to enrichment training, the individual will be directly responsible for content development.
- Intradepartmentally, he or she will work closely with compliance training specialists to set up and incrementally enhance the employee onboarding program as well as the employee training lifecycle program. Interdepartmentally, the individual will commonly interface and collaborate with HR (shared enrichment programs), Corporate Compliance, IT (as related to scheduling, training related web systems, online courses, training related hardware and software applications), EHS (safety training) and outside consultants to build training platforms and training tools.
- The end result will be an implemented enrichment training program that efficiently interfaces with compliance and technical training for all of manufacturing operations at all phases of an employee’s tenure within our company manufacturing to promote a highly motivated workforce which in turn serves to should reduce human error while promoting teamwork, technical and professional depth.
- Travel is limited to training related professional seminars, conferences, and training courses.
- It is expected that in 2017 this role will expand its scope of customer base to the Leadership Team (NLT).
- New Hire Onboarding
- Technical and Compliance Training (Development and Optimization)
- ComplianceWire learning plan administration.
- Development and delivery of Technical Training courses.
- Interface the Enrichment training program with the Technical and Compliance training programs such that the focus of each is in step with an employee’s stage in their career path.
- Work with consultants and IT to set up the learning structures (tools, web, databases etc) needed to fully implement and maintain the manufacturing training program (excluding GxP training).
- Actively seek out employee enrichment tools, training, and other learning opportunities with the goal of achieving an empowered and engaged manufacturing work staff which in turn will serve to enhance employee retention within our company.
- Ensure enrichment training programs are coordinated with our company HR and partner organizations (QA/QC, MSAT, Engineering) to maximize existing programs and opportunities, where possible. Consult/collaborate with HR on other potentially partnered Manufacturing enrichment/HR employee development programs.
- Responsible for trending training metrics and publishing dashboards/status updates for the Employee Enrichment program.
- Actively work with manufacturing management to continuously monitor the manufacturing training programs making suggestions and pursuing opportunities for program improvements.
- Interface with manufacturing budgets as it relates to expenses associated with training related resources inclusive of training tools, facilities, training aids, equipment (such as classroom), and on-site and offsite training opportunities.
- Develop/revise manufacturing training objectives based on corporate/program core team objectives.
- Keep abreast of new training techniques and learning programs in the industry through the literature and professional conferences.
- Build enrichment training content modules, working with contractors as needed to develop interactive training techniques.
- Interface with the LMS (Learning Management System) where needed to allow for training repository/tracking.
- Manage the development of staff through coaching and appropriate delegation of tasks.
- Set and maintain high standards for individual and team performance and accountability.
Education and Experience;
Bachelor's degree in a learning/educational discipline or equivalent with 8+ years’ experience in a learning/training environment with an emphasis on employee professional development or Master's degree in a learning/educational discipline or equivalent with 4+ years’ experience in learning/training professional development or Ph. D. with 2+ years’ experience in learning/training professional development.
- Demonstrated skill in leading training related initiatives tasked with establishing and maintaining training programs.
- At least 8 years working in a learning/training environment with at least 4 years administering a training program.
- Experience working in regulated Manufacturing environment and/or Compliance functions preferred.
- Comfortable with managing the activities of one or more staff members.
- Ability to work independently and in team environments, managing training initiative teams and meeting established timelines where team members typically report under other management.
- Computer literacy is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.