Manager, IT Service Management - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 19 June 2017
- The IT Service Management Engineer is responsible for working with the business and Information Technology teams on building, ope rationalizing, and providing ongoing oversight to the IT Service Management (ITSM) function.
- The primary responsibility will be the leading the development of a service delivery life-cycle for IT services and business applications, and the design and implementation of the tools to support them.
- The individual will lead the development, implementation and maintenance of ServiceNow, collaborate on the processes and procedures it supports, and the integration with other applications, monitoring tools and services, and workflow automation.
- The Service Delivery life cycle is ITIL v3 based. This position will also be responsible for execution of some of the ITIL management roles, specifically Change and Problem Management, and could actually server.
- Identify new approaches and solutions to operations and mission/business issues identified through analysis of processes.
- Provides input on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of ITSM systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems. Provides responsive advice, counsel, education and service concerning IT issues and trends in the IT industry.
- Articulate clearly how to incorporate elements of governance within processes to assure effectiveness at all audience levels.
- Provide functional and process expertise regarding ITSM to business representatives, infrastructure operations, architects, or developers.
- Design, implement, and maintain a Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, but will consider relevant experience.
- Must have experience implementing an ITIL based ITSM lifecycle. Must understand the unique challenges that rapid growth presents to Service Delivery.
- ITIL Foundation Certification v3 is preferred.
- Effective at providing timely, concise, audience-appropriate information orally and in writing; able to communicate with and manage a large audience to complete business and IT objectives; aware and able to handle challenging operational climates.
- Ability to work directly with customer business staff, management at all levels. Interface with cloud operations and infrastructure support.
- Tasks include gathering requirements, develop specifications, assist in documenting new processes and procedures, facilitate testing, training, user acceptance, and oversee rollout of cloud solutions.
- Able to clearly describe Continual Service Improvement and how to design and integrate this function within every process implemented.
- Must be able to draw from previous operational experience in a multiple data center environment to develop process and service elements.
- Strong collaboration and team-building skills with a track record of building strong, enduring relationships with multiple teams and business customers.
- Responsive to leadership and staff; able to maximize time to produce comprehensive, polished deliverables and on target operational results.
- Skilled and committed to setting customer expectations and meeting expectations of internal IT and business customers; able to perceive and address the long- term problems and pain points of the business effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work under pressure, think analytically and communicate effectively.
- Ability to adapt and stretch capabilities and skills to meet the business needs of a rapid paced customer program.
- Strong experience analyzing business processes within a service-based organization.
- Strong analytical, facilitation, and process mapping skills.
- Familiar with standard application development methodologies and tools.
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work, both their own and that of project team.
- Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
- Team Work: Able to enthuse and maintain team interest. Comfortable working both individually and as part of a team.
- Prepared to challenge ideas within a group in a constructive way. Ability to influence others and move a proposal effort toward a common vision or goal.
- Leadership: Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges. Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context. Excellent active listening skills.
- Quantitative Management: Ability to determine process measures and track to determine process effectiveness and efficiency.
- Problem Solving: Natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics.
- Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause, generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and implementing solutions.
- Results oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the task.