Legal Counsel (part-time contract 50%) - Belgium
- To support our strategy, we are strengthening our Legal team with a Legal Counsel position (part-time contract 50%).
- As a member of the Legal Department, reporting to the Legal Director, the Legal Counsel operates as a business partner and contributes to the overall assessment and limitation of the company’s business risks. His/her function comprises the following tasks:
- Agreements: Draft and review of commercial agreements (IP license agreements, distribution agts, supply & purchase agts, collaboration agts), assist in the negotiation thereof in close collaboration with internal clients (business people) and improve / implement template agreements and legal processes.
- Advice: Provide to the point legal support and guidance to the internal departments (Marketing, Sales, R&D, Product Development, Services, IP, Data Protection, ) and follow up on special projects.
- Subsidiary Companies: Follow-up and co-ordinate corporate and legal obligations of our subsidiaries in Europe in close collaboration with the Legal Director and the Paralegal Assistant
- Litigation: Follow-up on pending litigations and advising on the company’s litigation strategy and steer meditations in close collaboration with the Legal Director.
- University degree in law;
- At least 5years of experience in a business environment with a focus on drafting and negotiating commercial agreements;
- Experience in a diagnostic, biotech or pharmaceutical environment is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills and excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken);
- Business oriented approach;
- Pro-active, result oriented attitude.