This job is currently Archived,
Learning & Development Associate - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 12 June 2017
- We unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
- Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
- We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- The Learning & Development Associate is responsible for the creation, coordination, and implementation of learning solutions across the assigned business area/function.
- The Learning & Development Associate is also responsible for training and learning projects to address learning capability and competency gaps in the assigned business area/function. Additionally, the Learning & Development Associate is responsible for program quality management, target audience identification, and instructor identification as needed.
- The Learning & Development Associate monitors process, progress, results, and designs feedback loops into their work against measured goals.
- The Learning & Development Associate should anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks, interface with company Global Learning Services and learning services suppliers, and integrate new business processes where necessary for learning portfolio success.
- The Learning & Development Associate ensures the successful quality delivery of projects through standard L&D business processes.
- The Learning & Development Associate provides support to ensure personnel are qualified and capable, which includes personnel fulfilling compliance requirements and continually increasing their contribution to the business.
- This position primarily supports corporate Manufacturing functional groups, such as the Facilities Management organization.
- Additional responsibilities for operations of the MQ Learning Center facility are a part of this role.
- L&D Portfolio Management Identify, analyze, and determine solutions regarding performance gaps.Define requirements for personnel qualification in assigned business area/function; ensure implementation and ongoing maintenance.
- Create, revise, and implement training and related documents, ensuring they are well written, executable, and compliant with applicable policies/procedures.
- Facilitate the review/approval process (including meetings) required to review, reconcile and resolve document issues.
- Ensure appropriate linkages with Supervisor, business area/function L&D governance for portfolio management.
- Evaluate effectiveness of existing and planned learning interventions.
- Evaluate human errors in business units and determine appropriate human error reduction interventions.
- Collaborate/participate in Network/Functional initiatives as assigned.
- Secure and sustain business sponsorship and define ongoing ownership for new/revised materials.
- Monitor learning budget for projects within assigned business area/function.Create initial project charters with defined scope documents and statements of work, appropriately leveraging learning services suppliers for outsourced work to achieve business objectives.
- Create, review and oversee execution of implementation plan(s), ensuring effective coordination with personnel who create and revise business area/function SOPs and other documents.Participate on project teams; lead assigned projects.
- Monitor and communicate program/portfolio status to key business partners.Anticipate and resolve project/program issues; escalating as appropriate.
- Oversee the portfolio of projects to ensure the on-time, on-budget creation of deliverables that meet quality standards, follow instructional design principles, are approved by appropriate personnel, and meet the needs of business (including translations and any “Corporate Initiative” requirements).
- Drive quality standards through review of project documents, design, deliverables, final learning content and evaluation data.
- Stay abreast of the breadth of learning solutions to guide business partners to the most effective learning methods, solutions and outcomes.
- Benchmark cross functionally within company as appropriate, seeking sharing and replication opportunities.
- Establish strong relationship with suppliers and company supplier management contacts to align on portfolio of projects and services and ensure seamless quality of deliverables.
- Conduct usability testing as required.Share business metrics, interpretations, and solutions with Supervisor, business partners/process teams. Client Management:Participate regularly in area/function project and process teams.Analyze/understand the assigned business area/function, including business goals, job titles and descriptions, key duties, and responsibilities.Monitor client satisfaction of learning program implementation.
- Share results with Supervisor and make recommendations.Surface improvement opportunities for existing training.
- Consult across the assigned business area/function and the company learning community to ensure training plans align with business plan, strategic direction, and compliance and ethics.Partner with suppliers to communicate project and program status.Partner with suppliers and collaborate on development of evaluation plans to measure the practical effectiveness of learning.Curriculum Architecture and Assignment:Identify target audience for specific learning interventions.
- Create and maintain duty-aligned curricula with business partners and support curricula owners in the business.Partner with Global Learning Services and/or learning services suppliers for effective and timely implementation of learning interventions, considering change impact on current population of (trained) learners and future/new learners.Ensure accuracy and appropriateness of course and curriculum data owned by assigned business area/function in the Learning Management System (LMS).Troubleshoot curriculum architecture and assignment issues in collaboration with suppliers and Global Learning Services as needed.
- Implement centrally-developed process improvements in local business area/function.Instructor Delivery:Ensure internal instructor/facilitator qualification process in executed. MQ Learning Center (MQLC) Operations:Own and facilitate MQLC health, safety, and environmental program, including serving as liaison with corporate safety points of contact.
- Bachelors Degree Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States.
- Our company does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Experience with developing and delivering communication and/or learning materials.
- Experience with learning & development processes.Demonstrated program/project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong business relationships.
- Demonstrated ability in communication, conflict resolution, and judgment and managing complexity.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience working in a GxP (regulated), technical, or manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
- Experience in technical writing.Ability to execute operational/routine tasks in addition to non-routine projects.
- Experience using learning management software (such as SuccessFactors) and learning request tools (such as ServiceNow).
- Experience in business area/function as well as knowledge of companion tools used to execute broader business processes (such as document repositories/Regulus and content authoring/Articulate, Captivate).Experience in instructional design and development (particularly computer-based and mobile learning).
- Experience in supplier oversight.Ability to effectively partner outside functional area and both US/OUS.
- Ability to navigate complex, matrix-based organizations.Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to coach others.Ability and willingness to challenge business partners regarding ways to use learning interventions to most effectively meet business requirements.M.S. degree in Instructional Systems Technology, Performance Technology, Adult Learning, or related experience/education.
- Human Performance Improvement (HPI) Certification.