Junior Utility Operator (Temporary) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 07 June 2017
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
System area Releases (SARS)
- Day-to-day management and tracking of utility system area releases
- Ad hoc support for urgent , unplanned SARs
- Provide updates at shift to shift meetings and urgent ad hoc meetings
- Provide updates to management and customers as needed
- Daily email communication to a wide audience on SAR statuses
- Working with Facilities planning and scheduling to ensure SARs are in place
- Assist or shadow Utility Operators in removing systems from service and returning system to service·
Monitor and Report
- Monitor and record plant operating parameters in the field; escalate issues to Utility Operators via handheld radio or as directed
- Report non-SAR system impact notices to customers such as waste cessations and load shedding events
- Engage with MFG customers as directed to convey urgent information during emergency events
- Under supervision, monitor local equipment alarms and report alarm conditions as assigned
Control Room Readiness
- Manage communication equipment including handheld radios, phones, related chargers, and other devices used per shift
- Maintain logs and checklist as assigned for Utility Operations staff
- Ensure all consumable materials needed in the control room are restocked
- Maintain and update contact information for vendors and stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Data and Field Reviewso Shadow utility operators performing routine operationso Under supervision, execute utility operation of systems as assignedo
- Execute adverse trend reviews of data to identify leading indicator of failureo
- Execute utility yard inspection readiness checks and other related checks as assignedo
- Perform routine and ad hoc field walk downs with other Utility Operations personnel in support of improvements or other assigned activitieso
- Execute logs, checklists, and other documents for day to day operationso
- Escort vendors or stakeholders as needed in the utility yard areas·
- Consumable and Safety Equipment Supporto Perform safety equipment checklists and equipment auditso
- Order safety equipment as needed for activities as directedo Serve as point of contact/coordinator for safety projects and safety work orderso
- Provide day to day oversight of consumables used for utility systemso Serve as point of contact for consumable replenishmento
- Manually or automatically refill consumables as needed·
- Continuous Improvement and Trainingo Participate in developing and reviewing SOPs and work instructionso
- Participate in reviews and assessments for the Utility Operations programo
- Train utility vendors on utility yard guidelines including safety requirements and equipment remove from service guidelines·
- Other projects/tasks as assigned by management·
- Wear proper safety equipment at all time·
- Engage in safe behavior within the utility areas
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to acquire a thorough knowledge of workable systems, policies, and procedures
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude regardless of circumstances
- Ability to objectively support and explain reasoning for decisions
- Ability to become proficient with CMMS (INFOR preferred)
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures
- Skill in oral and written communication
- College degree (Associates/Bachelors), Technical Certification, military technical training, or equivalent experience that provides knowledge, skills, and the abilities required to appropriately perform the scope of responsibilities.
- 0- 6 months experience related to utility and/or process equipment operation, maintenance, reliability, or instrumentation or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Train the Trainer course completion (required – company provided )
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.