Internal Controls and Financial Compliance Analyst, Regional Delivery Center – Europe Job - Czechia
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Our company Regional Delivery Centers (RDC), located across three regions (Americas, Europe, and Asia), are responsible for the timely and efficient delivery of standardized, global financial processes. The RDC will be responsible for the execution and delivery of a broad range of financial services and processes across the company business divisions and markets for the Europe region.
- The Internal Controls and Financial Compliance Analyst will be responsible for all compliance matters in the GFS Regional Center and the delivery and Assurance over all controls structure for the Account to Report, Order to Cash, and Procure to Pay work streams executed by RDC.
- Activities included but not limited to training, self-assessments, local audit supports, systems access controls, Balance sheet review, Ad hoc request related to contents, Prepare Financial Control Questionnaire (FCQ), update controls in our company global repository (ARCHER) upon process improvements and review /coordinate the compliance of the site.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead self-assessment of internal controls in the either the AtR, OtC, and PtP workstream
- Perform daily and month end control activities including reconciliation of balances on accounting tool (blackline)
- Review of SOX controls as prepared by BPO partner
- Prepare SOX controls for work done in the RDC-Europe
- Ensure audits are passed successfully and the control environment is strong, well maintained, and adapted as processes change
- Lead initiatives to address internal control enhancement where findings from self -assessment highlight areas that need to be addressed
- Lead the on-site activities related to the vendor’s external audit to ensure audit runs smoothly
- Ensure vendor audit centralization processes are working efficiently and the project to increase vendor audit activities run out of the RDC-Europe is successful
- Lead the on-site activities related to MCAAS audit to ensure the audit runs smoothly
- Ensure the Archer system is updated for the site for AtR, OtC, or PtP processes
- Ensure processes are documented and process and internal control documentation is maintained
- Seek out and implement opportunities for streamlining, simplifying and ensuring processes are working efficiently
- Ensure all compliance activities are coordinated across the site including leading a monthly compliance meeting of all relevant compliance stakeholders
- Lead ad hoc compliance projects
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required; professional accountancy qualification preferred
- Business-level English language skills (speaking and writing) required
- A minimum of 2 years’ audit experience required, some of years in a public accounting practice preferred
- Experience working in a Big 4 or similar audit environment preferred
- High degree of integrity and personal ethics in implementing corporate policies and procedures
- Effective team player with collaborative focus
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, under pressure, and with a high degree of professionalism
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Technical Skills Requirements
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with SAP
- Experience working in a SOX404 environment
- Experience working in an organization providing services across multiple markets or geographies
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organization skills required
- Intermediate to Advanced PC skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
- Demonstrated commitment to education and professional development
- Ability to operate independently and remain focused through change or uncertainty
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills with a proactive management style to implement new processes
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Compliance, ERP, BPO, SAP, Animal Health, Legal, Technology, Operations, Veterinary