- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Liaise with healthcare professionals and work strategically and operationally to increase the awareness and use of a company’s pharmaceutical and medical products in settings such as specialists and hospitals in the North area for the Infectious Diseases portfolio.
Work in the settings of private and government hospitals.
Call on specialists and other core functions that add value and service the entire medical account.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Arranging appointments with doctors, pharmacist, hospital medical teams; relevant account personnel and key role players
- Making presentations, detailing and driving the marketing messages to doctors ,medical personal within the specific target reach for this disease entity;
- Organizing continued medical education (CME) and other relevant functions for doctors and other medical staff;
- Perform training on our company brands to medical accounts;
- Adhere to operational effectiveness requirements.
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with medical staff and supporting administration staff e.g. receptionists;
- Be creative in creating access to relevant customers;
- Managing budgets (for catering, outside speakers, conferences, hospitality, etc);
- Be well organized and have a high work ethic.
- To understand the dynamics of private and government sectors.
- To be able to respond timorously on business issues within a short time-frame.
- Align with the marketing strategy and work closely with the SM, peers and all company staff.
- Keeping detailed records of all contacts and reaching (and if possible exceeding) annual sales targets;
- Planning work schedules and weekly and monthly timetables. This may involve working with the area sales team or discussing future targets with the area sales manager.
- Regularly attending company meetings, technical data presentations and briefings;
- Keeping up with the latest clinical data supplied by the company and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with health professionals during presentations;
- Monitoring competitor activity and competitors' products while being proactive in counter strategy
- Maintaining knowledge of new developments in The National Health Service (NHS) , anticipating potential negative and positive impacts on the business and adapting strategy accordingly;
- Developing strategies for increasing opportunities to meet and talk to contacts in the medical and healthcare sector
- Staying informed about the activities of health services in a particular area
- Working with team members to plan how to approach contacts and creating effective business plans for achieving sales in a particular area.
- Matric / Grade 12
- Relevant diploma or degree is advantageous
- 2 year experience as a Pharmaceutical Representative
- Previous experience with calling on state / Specialists is advantageous
- Territory and anti infective experience is advantageous
- Computer literacy
- Valid drivers license
- Must be willing to travel
- Self starter
- High work ethic
- Afrikaans profieciency advantageous
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to work on their own in yet be a good team player
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Segment: Medical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Outside Sales, Pharmaceutical, Animal Health, Healthcare, Sales, Science, Veterinary