Industrial FP & A Analyst - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 08 June 2017
- To manage the management and cost accounting activities of our company in the UK in accordance with UK and Corporate accounting policies and procedures.
- To ensure accurate and timely financial operations data is available for management of the business and that appropriate fiscal controls are in place.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participation in the annual budget and quarterly flex processes. With particular emphasis on departmental cost center budget and sales budget analysis.
- Providing backup and support to the Finance Coordinator for daily, and annual cost rolls.
- Undertake regular factory departmental cost analysis to ensure that costs are being captured and allocated accurately and reflect reality Involvement in special projects as directed by the Finance Department senior management, including assistance with PUK FP&A activities where appropriate, to a high technical quality standard and within deadlines.
- Participate and/or lead continuous review of financial controls, ensuring adherence to financial procedures, and that all violations are investigated and action is taken to prevent re-occurrence.
- Provides technical advice and finance support to non-finance managers to assist them in expenditure review/justification and in project activity.
- The job holder deputies for the Finance Coordinator and Head of FP&A (UK CHC & Rx) in their absence.
- Qualified ACCA, CIMA or ICAEW. Demonstrated knowledge of design and application of internal financial controls.
- IT literate, including advanced Excel skills.
- The job holder will have an aptitude for analyzing data and be able to demonstrate that they are capable of arriving at appropriate conclusions through understanding data and identifying trends and indicators.
- Must have sound communication skills and be comfortable with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience of costing and management accounting, including forecasting and budgeting, preferably in a FMCG manufacturing environment.
- Experience and knowledge of an ERP system (preferably SAP) in a manufacturing environment.
- The job holder will be able to demonstrate a successful track record for delivering results.
- They must be capable of collaborating with management from all disciplines within the company in order to achieve the desired goal.