DCC Vital is a leading healthcare business in Britain and Ireland with sales in excess of £300 million, over 900 employees and an ambition to be one of the leading players in the supply of own and 3rd party products and services to the healthcare sector.. DCC Vital is focused on driving organic growth in its existing businesses and identifying new acquisition opportunities that strengthen and expand its product range, broaden its geographical reach and improve its business.
DCC Vital operates across three key divisions - DCC Vital Medical Devices, DCC Vital Pharma and DCC Vital Logistics:
• DCC Vital Medical Devices is the leading player in sales, marketing and distribution of medical devices and consumables in Ireland with a rapidly developing position in Britain. DCC Vital’s broad range of medical devices encompasses areas such as woundcare, urology, procedure packs, critical care (anaesthesia, endovascular, cardiology, and IV access), diagnostics, orthopaedics and neurology.
• DCC Vital Logistics is a leading provider of value added logistics services in Britain, providing innovative stock management and distribution services to hospitals and healthcare brand owners/manufacturers focused on delivering products and services across theatres, wards, and home care setting .
• DCC Vital Pharma sells markets and distributes innovative and generic pharma products in Ireland and Britain through the hospital, pharmacy and homecare channels.
This role is responsible for providing comprehensive HR administration support to the following DCC Vital sites and companies in the UK: Fannin UK, Kent Pharmaceuticals, TPS and Squadron Medical. The role-holder will report to the DCC Vital HR Business Partner and requires an individual with the ability to support a diverse range of HR administration matters covering the full employee life-cycle.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruitment and selection
- To support the HR Business Partners on all recruitment and selection activities from job advertisement through to screening and where appropriate, interviewing of candidates and job offer.
- To provide guidance and advice to hiring managers to ensure attraction of people with the right skills, knowledge and behaviours to meet the needs of the business.
- Drafting offer letters and employment contracts with relevant company handbook, pre-medical form, new starters payroll forms, private healthcare, and compliance policies.
- To obtain references for new starters and flag up to the appropriate HRBP where received referenced are not satisfactory.
- Carry out inductions for new starters
- HR Administration
- To provide comprehensive HR administrative support to the DCC Vital UK sites (as above), and to other areas of the business as required. This will include but not be limited to:
- Payroll administration (collation and submission of weekly and monthly payroll inputs for all payrolls)
- Maintenance of the HR system for all UK companies – keeping all employee records up to date, running reports, conducting regular audits to ensure absence tracking data is up to date etc.
- Pensions administration including engagement with brokers, and communication with employees as required
- Healthcare administration, including communication with employees, and the healthcare provider as appropriate.
- Draft and send appropriate letters for changes to terms and conditions and leavers.
- Training & Compliance
- Support managers in the implementation of and adherence to group compliance policies by conducting regular briefings, and training.
- To run the Group DCC Vital Induction for new starters in the DCC Vital UK sites (as above) either on a monthly basis or as and when required.
- To co-ordinate attendance, send joining instructions and liaise with local hotels for employees when in attendance of any DCC Vital training courses in the UK e.g. DCC Vital People Manager training.
- Fleet Management
- Manage the 3rd party relationships with the UK fleet providers to ensure DCC Vital receive the best service and competitive prices
- Manage the order and requisition process for all UK company cars in accordance with the relevant company fleet policy
- Maintain up to date reports on all current company cars
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Qualification in HR or related discipline or working towards same
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels in the organisation
- Proven ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent organisation and administration skills.
- High accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive, enthusiastic and solutions focus attitude
- Candidates must be mobile and willing to travel between the DCC Vital UK sites as required