GLOBAL BUYER, TRANSPORT - Netherlands
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 09 June 2017
- In your role as a Global Buyer, Transport, you are part of the Supply Chain team, you report directly to the Manager Supply Chain Projects and Solutions.
- You are facilitator of goods movement. You are responsible for proactively managing supplier relationships and ensuring continuity of services.
- You are the point of contact for sales, purchase, supply chain and finance for transport and related issues.
- Your challenge is to reduce the purchasing cost for transport services, both for our company and its customers, within the parameters agreed to by sales and the customer.
- You have to influence supply chain partners and all functions within the company impacted by the transport process, without overtaking their responsibilities.
- As a Global Buyer, Transport, you are accountable for the category strategy for Transport.
- You are also responsible for all transport processes, from the supplier warehouses to the customer’s premises.
- You collect and interpret data and propose or determine strategy, select suppliers, provide rapid information on conditions, support company employees during execution, and appraise and develop suppliers (e.g. data interchange).
- You manage escalations, keep track of developments in risk analysis for conflict zones and tender globally when applicable.
- You work together with the Supply Chain Solution Officer and Supply Chain Manager on overall solutions for transport projects.
- You are AEO (Authorized Economic Operator) Coordinator and Known Consignor Coordinator.
- You drive the continuous improvement culture in the transport process. Your main drivers are speed, transparency and simplicity in company business processes, against lowest possible costs. You prepare subjects thoroughly and provide excellent analysis , which enables management to take decisions quickly.
You participate actively in improvement projects. In general, you are responsible for:
- Developing sourcing strategies for transport by clarifying purchasing requirements, matching needs to supply capabilities, analyzing company’s spend profile, improving efficiency and value, and collaborating with suppliers to identify sourcing opportunities;
- Selecting the best suppliers / best prices for transport; developing and maintaining contracts as well as contract negotiation and management;
- Ensuring the availability of transport conditions to support the quotation process and the order process;
- Effectively working on adequate and timely solutions;
- Keeping the SOPs up to date and controlling the different status of bounded warehouses;
- Performing product market intelligence analysis and evaluating and prioritizing market opportunities.
To be seriously considered, we require the following: Education & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Logistics and Supply Chain management or in Business Administration;
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of working experience in a similar role;
- Knowledgeable about the global transport market and purchasing strategy and execution;
- Experience in developing category strategy of transport and tendering for transport;
- Experienced in special requirements/conditions in the pharmacy industry, like customs and country legislations;
- Experienced in global transport of goods: insurance, documents, import procedures, inland transport, Incoterms, risk (war risk and demurrage) and risk mitigation;
- Experience with an ERP system, preferably JD Edwards.
Skills & Characteristics
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Customer-oriented and results-oriented attitude;
- Flexible and positive attitude, ability to meet changing requirements;
- Builds relationships and networks that are useful in achieving objectives. Effectively utilises informal networks to make things happen.
- Pro-active and innovative mindset;
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills;
- Highly accurate, with attention to detail and quality.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
We ask a lot of our employees, but we also give a lot in return. This includes:
- Great colleagues: You’ll work in a team of enthusiastic, motivated professionals in an open atmosphere
- Inspiration and development: We offer training and personal development opportunities for all employees, and regularly host guest speakers.
- Fun: Department and company outings are organized on a regular basis, and we make sure to celebrate our successes together.
- Making an impact: Our company offers a great opportunity to use your passion and skills for good, while working in an enthusiastic team and stimulating environment.
- Salary and holidays: We benchmark salaries against mid-sized companies in the Netherlands, and to support a healthy work-life balance we offer 30 vacation days for a full-time contract. In addition, we offer a commute allowance and a defined contribution pension.