This job is currently Archived,
Genomics Data Analyst - Spain
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 12 June 2017
- The Centro Nacional de Análisis Genómico is one of the largest Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe. It provides world-class core bioinformatics resources to the Catalan, Spanish and International research communities.
- The CNAGresearchers participate in major International Genomic Initiatives such as the International Cancer Genome Consortium (ICGC), the International Human Epigenome Consortium (IHEC), the International Rare Diseases Research Consortium (IRDiRC) and the European Infrastructure for life-science information (ELIXIR), as well as in several EU-funded projects.
- We seek a reliable and motivated bioinformatician with a strong computational and genetics background to conduct challenging DNA analyses, using mostly whole genome, whole exome and GBS NGS data. He/She will join the Data Analysis Team, with several highly qualified omics analysist, and will have the opportunity to work in close collaboration with world class basic and clinical researchers.
- The candidate must be pro-active and able to work independently on his/her specific projects and as part of a team.
- Besides conducting analyses, he/she should be able to design experiments and interpret results and will be expected to contribute to the pipeline development and benchmarking efforts of the CNAG, such as the recently published ones for somatic and germ line variant identification.
- We offer a competitive salary and possibility of an open-ended contract and career progression.
- Proactive data analysis in cutting edge projects, including experimental design, analysis, annotation, interpretation, reporting and scientific communication.
- Operation of bioinformatics pipelines.
- Contribution to pipeline development and benchmarking efforts
- Collaboration with the Catalan, Spanish and International research communities.
- A BSc in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Biology or related discipline.
- A minimum experience of 1 year in the analysis of Next Generation Sequencing data and interpretation of results.
- In-depth understanding of genetics and biology.
- Experience with Unix operating systems, including shell scripts.
- Skilled programmer in languages such as Perl, Python or Ruby and R.
- Proactive and team worker.
- Driven by excellence and problem solver.
- Good spoken and written English.