Facilities Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 13 June 2017
- Responsible for maintenance and troubleshooting of mechanical aspects of building/grounds and facility machinery specific to trades to include the following: HVAC, boilers, utility electrical systems, piping systems, and basic plumbing.
- Work would be done in compliance with current regulatory guidelines, national, state and local laws, company policies and safety requirements.
- These activities can include but not be limited to: machine rebuilding, mechanical troubleshooting and repair; preventative/predictive maintenance; moving equipment; soldering/brazing of parts.
- Must successfully complete OP 10 – Level I of the Facilities Maintence Progression Plan.
- Requires completion of a high school diploma, General Education Development (GED) or equivalency.
- Must possess a solid background in equipment repair with the ability to perform installation, alteration and repair of facility machinery and components.
- Must display knowledge of Controls and apply to machine repair and trouble-shooting.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Suite and experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) such as SAP with the ability to navigate through computer based training systems and use in the course of daily work required.
- Ability to interpret and work from Blueprints and schematics.
- Must possess good math and reading comprehension skills and be able to read, speak and comprehend instructions in English or language of country as applicable, including procedure documents, as well as proofread alpha and numeric data.
- May require own transportation to drive between facilities as applicable.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical, Federal Drug Administration (FDA), other controlled regulatory agency or Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) packaging or manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Must meet all locally defined training requirements.
- Responsible maintenance and troubleshooting of mechanical aspects of building/grounds and facility machinery.
- Performs facility machine rebuilding, repair and troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and may move equipment.
- Completes general work orders and interfaces with other technicians across all shifts in a team environment.
- Continuously looks for and helps to implement improvements to the process, productivity, quality and reduce costs. Performs special projects and other related duties specific to the department as assigned.
Protective Equipment Requirement
- May be required to able to wear negative and/or positive pressure respirators daily for long periods of time.
- Must be medically cleared to wear respirators without restrictions.
- Must be clean shaven to seal area of the tight fitting respirator or be able to wear a PAPR.
- Must be able to comply with locally required worker safety, environmental and health practices.
- Required to follow and comply with Departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good
- Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and Safety/Housekeeping guidelines.
- Required to comply with hazardous procedures and be able to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets.