Executive Director, Human Resources, Mergers and Acquisitions - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 13 June 2017
For nearly 70 years, our company employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
- The Executive Director, HR-M&A will analyze, recommend, organize, plan and manage the HR components associated with the Company’s mergers & acquisitions life-cycle, including leading the organizational change management for M&A in post-merger integration.
- S/he will partner directly with the integration team (Corporate Development, HR business partners and specialty functions, cross-functional partners (IT, finance, QA, etc.), and appropriate business unit(s) to drive M&A success and accelerate deal value capture.
- The Executive Director will contribute to the development and implementation of talent management and leadership development programs to ensure that current and future business needs are met.
- These efforts will touch levels in the organization and include, succession planning, recruiting, management and employee training, workforce planning, and mentoring/coaching. Further, this executive will provide strategic and hands-on leadership to scale and evolve HR’s M&A capabilities, and provide directive leadership to ensure the success of HR’s M&A efforts.
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across the company in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
Desired Experience and Qualifications
Significant experience in M&A and integration with demonstrated success in organizational design, talent management, retention, leadership development, total rewards, as well as change management and communications.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in either human resources with primary responsibility for M&A and integration or management consulting with a focus organizational design and change management.
- A track record of providing active consulting and collaborative problem solving support, and tailoring influence strategies to drive the desired change.
- Demonstrated ability to work with key stakeholders to develop value-added, pragmatic people solutions tailored to specific business requirements that are aligned with the Company’s mission, values and strategy.
- Experience developing or collaborating on talent management and leadership development philosophies and programs to ensure that current and future business needs are met. The spans all levels and includes manpower forecasting, succession planning, recruiting, management and employee training, and mentoring/coaching.
- Experience assessing compensation programs including sales and commission plans, variable compensation designs, bonus programs and long-term incentive programs is desired.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; able to leverage data and metrics to drive both organization and business solutions.
- Strong track record in working with senior leadership to implement management capability development and orchestrate organization change.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, organization development or related Human Resources field. A Master’s degree in Business or Human Resources is a plus.
Leadership Qualities and Behaviors
- Solutions partnering ability and influencing skills. Presents solutions in ways that are heard, understood and supported even when unpopular. Adds insight that positively influences executive and senior management decision-making.
- Communicates with clarity, conviction and confidence across regions/cultures, including upward when necessary. Able to understand and work in a matrix environment.
- Builds trust through personal credibility. Operates without vested self-interest. Consistently offers quality advice, counsel, and insight. Creates trust and mutual respect through words and actions.
- Strategic, result-oriented and executes flawlessly, with a fluid and flexible work style.
- A bright businessperson with strong analytical and process skills. Able to analyze, interpret, and utilize data to make sound business decisions. Must also be a creative, strategic thinker and good listener.
- A strong executive presence and well developed presentation, excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship-building skills.
- A person who has the ability to drive change in an organization. An individual with a bias for action with a results-oriented sense of urgency.
- Organizationally savvy, and an understanding of how to navigate within a highly matrixed environment.
- A quick study” who can balance the demands of developing and implementing short-term as well as long-term programs to maximize value.
- For nearly 70 years, our employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies.
- When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe.
- Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform.
- In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
- Our company is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development.
- Our company also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities.
- Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
- With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges.
- Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
- We are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives.
- Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe.
- We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet