Engineering Manager - Ireland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Duties / Responsibilities
- Provision of Production Engineering Support to existing Production Processes
- Scoping out projects with due regard to objectives; need, cost, risk, lead time and resources
- Identifying & implementing improvement opportunities on existing processes to include; lower costs, higher efficiency, higher capacity, greater process capability, higher levels of operator comfort & work station satisfaction and greater compliance.
- Scaling Production processes within the manufacturing department
- Installation and qualifying new or additional processes
- Transferring new products into Production
- Transferring new processes into Production
- Making more efficient use of resources e.g. space, people, e.t.c.
- Driving and delivering on set (KPI) targets
- Proposing and implementing measures for business risk minimization and disaster recovery
- Being prepared to present & represent project documentation in an audit by customers, revenue or regulatory authority.
- Maintaining compliance with all manufacturing and quality related documentation
- Contributing cross functionally as key member of our company Management team
- Performing other assigned tasks as directed by Head of Function
- Outstanding people management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use negotiating, influencing and persuasive skills to advance project objectives
- Knowledge of Design Verification and Process Validations, particularly as it pertains to equipment and manufacturing processes
- Familiar lean and operational excellence principles (6σ, 5S, TPM)
- Excellent understanding of ISO 13485 and FDA Design and Process Development Processes.
- Good organisation, planning and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experienced in dealing with supplier, customer, marketing, and regulatory teams
- Methodical and analytical approach with good problem solving tool skillsets
- Ability to present ideas and concepts clearly and effectively.
- Familiar and comfortable with standard medical device documentation.
- Ability to grasp and statistically analyze data to achieve desired outcomes.
- Very familiar with M/s office key packages.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
Education / Experience
- Minimum of 10 years Medical Device Production Engineering experience with a minimum of 5 years at supervisory/managerial level
- Minimum of a primary degree in an Engineering or Technology and ideally a post graduate qualification in a complementary Business related discipline
- Typical office environment with work also performed in Manufacturing areas in addition to customer/supplier locations
- Some travel may be required with role.
- VHI including Dental
- On-site Free Parking
- Paid Holidays
- Sports & Social Club
- Flexi- Start Time.