Electrical Engineer - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a worldwide leader in chemical analysis instrumentation including laboratory chromatography and portable chromatography-mass spectrometry systems. The Company’s instruments and accessories offer a broad range of technologies for detection of chemicals in food, environment, industry and government applications. This Electrical Engineer will play an important role in the development and expansion of our chromatography and portable gas chromatography-mass spectrometry instrumentation.
- Electrical Engineering R&D team member supporting both research and development of next generation chromatography and portable gas chromatography-mass spectrometry instrumentation products and accessories.
- Design, develop and test complex instrumentation consisting of electro-mechanical, ion optics, thermal control and pneumatic subsystems.
- Perform feasibility studies, modeling, simulation, and analysis of new or modified designs.
- Develop innovative and cost-effective solutions to market requirements.
- Communicate effectively with engineers, scientists, customers and colleagues.
- Use Altium and simulation tools to design, generate and maintain product documentation including models, drawings, specifications, bills of material, and change orders.
- Follow the Product Life Cycle process including engineering document control procedures.
- Requires a B.S. in Electrical Engineering.
- M.S. or 3+ years of experience preferred.
- Skilled in system level software/hardware communication and control, and in contemporary design practices including Embedded Processors, FPGA, DSP, and communication technologies
- Proficiency with Altiumor similar electronic design package is required
- Experience with scientific instrumentation such as temperature control, stepper motors, motion controllers, sensors, PC board design, DC and AC power distribution, digital data acquisition systems, and RF circuit design.
- Very strong analytical and troubleshooting skills of electrical systems
- Programming experience with C, C#, Verilog.
- Experience in physic and chemistry preferred.
- The ability to design and execute experimental set-ups and assemble prototypes for testing is required.
- A demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively is required.
- The desire to function as part of a multi-disciplinary R&D team, excellent verbal and written communication, and strong interpersonal skills are essential.
AN EEO/AA EMPLOYER
Our company provides competitive compensation plans / Top notch training and development / Comprehensive benefits package / Paid time off and holidays / Generous tuition reimbursement plan / 401(k) with match and immediate vesting / An environment that fosters career growth.