Discovery Research Statistician - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 07 June 2017
- How would you like to use your best analytical skills to make a substantial difference in the well-being of people across the globe?
- Bring YOUR skills and talents to our company and our Global Statistical Sciences organization where you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact on the lives of patients around the world!
- As an innovation driven company we work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
- Our Global Statistical Sciences department includes over 300 people with advanced degrees in statistics/biostatistics, mathematics, econometrics, operations research and computer science.
- Our diverse population of global talent brings innovation to every aspect of our business-from Discovery Research to Clinical Development to Manufacturing and Business Analytics.
- We are playing a leading role in transforming the way the company does drug development using state-of-the-art methods in adaptive designs, Bayesian statistics, genetic/biomarker analysis, machine learning and more!
- We are working closely with business colleagues on big data problems as inputs to forecasting, modeling and predictive analytics to optimize our business practices.
- You will be encouraged to identify important business problems and to further your own research interests in these areas including presentations and publications at professional meetings. Come join us on our amazing journey to make life better!
- As a non-clinical statistician, you will have the opportunity to shape the discovery of new molecules to help patients across a number of disease areas including cancer, diabetes and immunology.
- You will collaborate with experts in biology, genetics, chemistry and engineering, working with new technologies to develop and apply data-driven solutions to drive disease understanding, discover new molecules, and develop novel processes to make medicine.
- Some current problems we are collaborating on include combination therapies, genetic/genomic target discovery, mass cytometry, and digital biomarkers.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Designing experiments to identify & assess new molecules, develop & implement novel technologies, and optimize formulations & delivery systems
- Analyzing and interpreting multi-variate data to identify & evaluate biomarkers, discover disease targets, and develop processes to make our medicines
- Developing statistical tools and methods to address emerging scientific/engineering problems and accelerate decision-making in R&D
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Bio statistics, or related scientific field
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States.
- Our company does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Make the impossible possible in your quest to make life better.Bring Analytics to life by giving it zeal and making it applicable to our business.
- Know, learn, and keep up-to-date on the statistical and scientific advances to maximize your impact.
- Bring an insatiable desire to learn, to innovate, and to challenge yourself for the benefit of patients
- Our company is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Our company is a global health care leader that unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
- For more than a century, we have stayed true to a core set of values—excellence, integrity, and respect for people—that guide us in all we do: discovering medicines that meet real needs, improving the understanding and management of disease, and giving back to communities.
- We also are committed to investing in our employees and supporting a culture of well-being —through competitive pay, comprehensive employee benefit programs, and training and development resources.