Director, Quality Value Chain Management - Netherlands
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where our company has codified its 125-year legacy. Our company’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
- The Quality Product Leader (QPL) is responsible for end-to- end quality oversight and leadership for assigned product(s) in collaboration with the Value Chain
- Management team(s) ( VCMT)and Business Operating Unit Quality Operations.
- The QPL works with their VCMT colleagues, and our manufacturing division’s quality leadership to envision the future state for their products and provide the leadership to make this a reality
- The QPL is tasked with bringing the “One Quality Voice” to the value chain(s) and communicating a clear Quality vision for the product and supply chain.
- As a key contributor to the Integrated Risk Management (IRM) process within the VCMT, the QPL proactively identifies/aggregates short and long term quality risks and ensures mitigations are developed and implemented, through collaboration within and between our manufacturing division’s Operating Units and partnering with the relevant Quality, Regulatory/CMC, Technical, and Operations colleagues.
Provide input into Product Master Plans by authoring the Quality strategy section, including defining
key , priorities, and objectives
- Drive execution of Product Quality Strategy action plan
- Influence others internally and externally, including senior leaders, in solving complex Quality issues/risks.
- Operate in an unusually complex business environment; significant regulatory complexity, multiple technology platforms, etc.
- Understand the prevailing near and long term Quality risks and develop mitigation plans in collaboration with the relevant sites or functions. Utilizes IRM and Quality Risk
- Management tools and principles.
- Partner with Site/External Quality/ Operating Unit leaders to ensure risk mitigation efforts supporting assigned product supply chains are appropriately
- prioritized and executed within their areas of authority.
- Lead project teams as needed.
- Coordinate resolution of Quality risk/issues that cross multiple lines of business.
- Provides Quality oversight of the VCMT - level Change Management process.
- Provide Quality input for planned and unplanned major events. Examples include investigations that cross multiple lines of business, regulatory changes, launches, line
- extensions, demand changes, fact findings, recalls, adverse events
- Education Minimum Requirement:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree.
Required Experience and Skills:
Minimum 10 years applied professional work experience working in one or more of the following areas: pharmaceutical/ biotech manufacturing operations, quality
organization, supply chain, technical operations, process research or development environment. Prior experience in a Quality organization.
Preferred Experience and
- A degree focused in Science or Engineering (chemical or mechanical engineering, pharmacy/pharmaceutics,
- chemistry, biology).
- Prior experience leading cross-functional teams, encouraging speaking up and diversity of thought.Comprehensive understanding of
- Quality activities and functions.
- Working knowledge of end-to-end supply chain and the understanding of the roles and responsibility of the related function organization within.
- Strong ability to provide clear expectations and priorities for the teams.
- Strong collaborative and communication skills within teams and across the company.
- Ability to communicate effectively horizontally and vertically across the company.
- Strong ability to resolve conflicts among people and organizations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and demonstrated ability to manage independently
- multiple priorities, ensuring timely completion.
- Strong skills at team facilitation, team organization, and listening.
- Strong ability to manage through uncertain situations, make decisions and to develop strategic plans for managing risk.
- Demonstrated strong leadership ability, including the ability to drive teamwork and employee
- Solid understanding of the company’s Quality and Health Authority regulatory requirements.
Job: Qual Assurance & Ops Generic Job Title:Dir, Quality Assurance
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time