Director, Chemistry and Production - Denmark
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- To a newly established position as Director, Chemistry and Production, our company is looking for an ambitious and accomplished candidate.
- This is a key position for the company, and the incumbent will work closely with, and directly support, the Chief Scientific Officer and the Vice President of Production. For the right candidate, this position can open up to an exciting career within the company.
- Area of responsibility The overall responsibility of the incumbent will be to ensure technical support to
- successful development of new products, and to
- problem solving in the existing API production. Strong technical expertise and problem-solving capabilities are required, as is the ability to quickly acquire profound know-how of the techniques applied at our company.
- Development and optimization of new syntheses
- Chemical characterization of products
- Scale-up from pilot plant to full scale plant
- Support to the technical department related to changes and optimization
- Trouble shooting in the production
- Optimization of existing production in compliance with cGMP
- Contribute to chemistry and CMC sections in regulatory filing documents
- Ad hoc support / input to patents related to our company's core business areas
- Ad hoc support to the commercial organization
- 10-20 days of travelling per year is expected.
Language: Native proficiency in Danish is preferred. Excellent skills in English, written and spoken, is a requirement.
Theoretical background: Ph.D. or M.Sc. in Chemistry (carbohydrate chemistry, synthetic organic/inorganic chemistry or chemical engineering).
- 5-10 years' experience as a chemist/scientist supporting API development and manufacturing is a requirement
- Experience of transferring chemical processes from pilot to commercial scale is a requirement
- Experience of supporting preparation of regulatory drug applications is a requirement
- Experience with size exclusion chromatography (GPC) would be an advantage
- Experience of preparing patents would be an advantage
- Experience of utilizing Design of Experiment (DOE) principles would be an advantage.
Personality traits and competencies:
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to interpret data and communicate to key stakeholders to assist in decision making.
- Ability to discuss technical issues at plant staff level as well as with technical peers.
- A dynamic self-starter with a high personal drive
- Capable of prioritizing and keeping a high working pace
- In possession of strong communication and writing skills
- A committed person with a flexible mindset, who welcomes new challenges.