Director, Business Development - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is looking for intelligent, creative and dedicated professionals to join our growing team.
- We are a company that values technical excellence, teamwork and a commitment to success. We employ cutting edge technology to provide our customers with industry leading solutions and are currently seeking to fill the position of Director, Business Development, CRO Sales.
- Meeting and exceeding set sales quotas while adhering to our company sales rules of engagement.
- Define and execute CRO partner sales plans and continually drive to close sales through CRO partners.
- Provide feedback to management on competition, pricing, product positioning and other relevant market conditions
Serve as the liaison between our company and its CRO Partners by:
- Serving as the key point of contact for multiple CRO partner accounts
- Improving positioning, expanding product footprint and strengthening overall relationships with existing alliance partners
- Develop partnerships to maximize sales and total partnership potential through sales best practices, training and support.
- Work with Marketing Department, and CRO partners to develop and implement appropriate co-marketing activities, and promote CRO partner participation in company lead generation efforts
- Support the improvement of the CRO partner program by identifying unmet partner support needs and communicating with management
- Manage sales orders and provide status to partners and/or manager.
- Continually learning about new products, value and benefits to your customers to enhance selling skills.
- Providing weekly reporting of pipeline and forecast
- Preparing written presentations, reports, and price quotations.
Maintains relationships with clients by:
- Spearhead open dialogue
- Identify and drive resolution of customer issues
- Providing support, information and guidance
- Recommending new opportunities
- Recommending profit and service improvements
- Establishing and maintaining industry and client contacts for continuing good relations and business opportunity development
- Developing and maintaining client profiles including updating contacts management system
- Travel: 0-50%
- Lifting: 0-25lbs
- Other: Computer work for long periods of time
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or related field preferred
- Sales/Business Development training required
Additional skill set:
- Ability to work independently or in team setting; ability to adjust to changing priorities
- Strong presentation and negotiating skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to project and maintain a professional and positive attitude
- 5+ years successful software/CRO/medical sales experience,2+ year experience in clinical research related field ideal; comparable combination of education and experience may be considered
- Operations experience in clinical trials preferred
- Thorough knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical industry, terminology and practices
- Proven ability in presenting and negotiating